Financial Aid Counselor
Job Title Financial Aid Counselor Posting Number S861P Classification Title
Under general supervision, advises and counsels students and parents regarding the financial aid process and provides information on available programs, procedures and eligibility in a professional and timely manner. Evaluates students’ financial aid requests and makes award adjustments and recalculations to financial aid packages. Monitors students’ academic progress and contributes to Financial Aid Committee decisions regarding appeals and special circumstances by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides advice and counsel about available financial aid opportunities, eligibility requirements and the application process to students and parents; analyzes and evaluates financial aid eligibility for students.
2. Performs data verification of student/parent information in accordance with federal and institutional policies.
3. Compares data on students’ applications, such as proposed budget, family income, and transcript of grades, with eligibility requirements of assistance program.
4. Determines amount of aid, considering such factors as funds available, extent of demand, and needs of students.
5. Authorizes release of funds to students and prepares required records and reports.
6. Conducts student orientations, entrance and exit counseling sessions, and financial aid information sessions in accordance with federal and institutional policies.
7. Responds to inquiries by researching and resolving issues related to transactions handled by the department; serves as liaison with other university departments in the resolution of day-to-day administrative or operational issues.
8. Coordinates one or more specific administrative programs, as assigned.
9. Participates in the development and implementation of departmental procedures, as appropriate.
10. Exercises professional judgment in determining necessary adjustments and making the appropriate adjustments to students’ financial aid package.
11. Monitors students’ satisfactory academic progress in accordance with federal and institutional policies.
12. Participates in committee decisions regarding SAP termination appeals and Special Circumstance Petitions.
13. Participates in outreach projects, financial aid seminars, student orientations and workshops held on campus and at off-site locations.
14. Advises and counsels students at off-site locations as necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 02/01/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6295 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside