Associate Administrative Specialist
Working Title: Associate Administrative Specialist Official Title: Associate Administrative Specialist Employment Class: Non-Instructional Academic Staff FTE: 1.0 Compensation: $45,000 FLSA Status: Exempt Terms of Employment 12-month, annual, fixed-term terminal Position Summary: This position reports directly to the Assistant Chancellor, Athletics to provide comprehensive support for the Intercollegiate Athletic department staff. This person will serve as a first point of contact for the Athletic Department and must possess good communication skills, both oral and written to interact with staff, students, and guests. This person must have the ability to successfully interact with internal and external agencies involving a variety of diverse individuals and manage details related to the WIAC and NCAA rules. This position includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with matters related to student workforce acquisition and administrative support. Responsibilities
40% Administrative Support
1. Oversee the front office including answering / directing telephone calls, emails and greeting walk-in students and guests to the department to determine service needed.
2. Independently and as requested provide administrative support for the Athletic Director/ Assistant Athletic Director maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
a. Compose, edit and send letters, memos, and emails as needed for the Director.
b. Monitor and screen all phone calls for the Athletic Director. Manage director’s electronic calendar appointments as requests are received, notifying changes made.
3. Independently and as requested provide administrative support to the athletic department staff to include:
a. Prepare and process Travel Expense Reports (Using E-Reimbursement system) Direct Payment Requests, Payment to Individual Report, Transaction Transfer Request and other document/forms as needed.
b. Process department p-card, travel authorization/cash advance for team travel, class excuse letters for teams, and collection of itineraries prior to travel. Prepare travel documentation forms and distribute to all staff in a timely manner for preparation on each season’s sport. Train staff on proper travel procedures and use of the E-Reimbursement system and the use of the Athletic Department travel card issued to staff. Update staff with changes as the occur.
c. Process and arrange for payment of officials assigned by the WIAC through the Arbiter Pay system. This is to include making sure funds have been transferred to the account and payments are made to individuals after events have taken place.
d. Ensure that all expenses to budgets for events and travel have been recorded in the appropriate budget workbooks as soon as possible.
e. Initiate, prepare and send contracts to all officials not assigned through Arbiter. Prepare and send payment information for these individuals after events have taken place. Keep all confidential information secured through email and hard copy within the department. Utilize the WISDM system for proper vendor code information.
f. Other duties as assigned.
35% Supervision & Training Student Employees
1. Train and supervise student employees on all office procedures, and equipment usage for employment within the athletic department offices, this is to include proper procedures for bulk mailings, department mail distribution, database and schedule maintenance as well as other jobs as assigned. Prepare and monitor office schedules for student employees.
2. Prepare and post job announcements on the university Titan Jobs site for all Athletic department student jobs, including posting the STEP program positions.
3. Prepare/develop all application materials, policies for hiring students (student assistance, work study, STEP). Respond, interview, hire and process all required paperwork for Human Resources and the Athletic department for a diverse group of students hired for the Athletic department (except camps/clinics). This is for approximately 90 students and for coverage of more than 100 events per school year.
25% Athletic Event Coverage and Cash Handling
1. Independently or in collaboration with the Athletic Department Financial Specialist, Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director or Game Management staff train and supervise students in the cash handling procedures and ticket sales for the Athletic department events, share responsibility to be present, as agreed upon, when cash is present for an event. This is to include evenings and weekends.
2. Assist with department cash handling: verify cash/ticket profit, check event summaries for accuracy and integrity of the cash handling procedures.
Qualifications Required: 1. Excellent Communication Skills, oral and written.
2. Some night and weekend hours will be required when events or championships are going on.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Must be able to make independent decisions on behalf of the athletic department.
5. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion Preferred: 1. Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
2. Have a working knowledge of the NCAA.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, WISER, Microsoft Excel, Student work Authorization Process and the HRS system To Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover Letter, Resume, (3) References, Unofficial Transcript
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/ .
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by February 22, 2021 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (UWO) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWO, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Diversity drives innovation, creativity, and progress. At the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, the culture, identities, life experiences, unique abilities, and talents of every individual contribute to the foundation of our success. Creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment is of paramount importance to us. This pursuit prepares all of us to be global citizens who will contribute to the betterment of the world. We are committed to a university culture that provides everyone with the opportunity to thrive.
UWO provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 920-424-1166. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWO is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWO will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWO Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://uwosh.edu/police/ , or call UWO Police Department, at (920) 424-1212 for a paper copy.
Campus Security Authority (Clery Act)
This position is a designated Campus Security Authority and is obligated under the Clery Act to notify the Dispatch Supervisor/Records Custodian at the UW Oshkosh Police Department of alleged Clery Crimes that have been reported to them or alleged Clery Crimes that they have directly witnessed.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh
- Athletics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oshkosh