Financial Aid Associate
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Financial Aid Associate
This field only applies to Faculty
DT Financial Aid
Coordinates at least one financial aid program, including work-study, federal loans, verification and return of title IV funds. Assist students with applying for financial aid and understanding how to receive financial aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Types reports, business correspondence, application forms, shipping tickets, and other material
• Files financial aid records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers telephone, and performs similar duties
• Computes amounts, checks totals and manages various financial aid reports to assist the director with financial aid programs
• Inputs and retrieves financial aid information in Colleague system in connection with the responsibilities of the serving financial aid students
• Process student loan requests and complete verification processing for students selected for verification
• Provides office management duties for the director of financial aid
• Assists the department with its outreach and awareness efforts, including conducting financial aid presentations
• Interprets and follows prescribed procedures for the production of a large volume of work
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• Two (2) years of successful office experience that involved serving customers
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university, or experience in a similar setting
• Experience working with computerized systems, including Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of higher education and college financial aid programs
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Typical hours for this position are as follows:
Fall/Spring: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm (M-Th), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (F)
Summer: 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (M-Th).
Occasional weekend hours required during peak times.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth