Special Assistant to the Chancellor for Strategic Priorities
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Special Assistant to the Chancellor for Strategic Priorities
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience.
DT Chancellor's Office
The role of the Special Assistant to the Chancellor for Strategic Priorities ( SACSP ) is to oversee the effective sequencing, planning, and implementation of the College’s strategic vision. The current strategic vision, referred to as the College’s Three Goals and Eight Principles, produces programmatic and operational priorities that need to be implemented and coordinated college-wide. The SACSP will be accountable for working with those across the college to ensure proposed priorities have been developed using appropriate assessment, communication, business, and effectiveness measures. This role will oversee a staff of program managers who interact and support college-wide teams of subject matter experts who formulate the content that informs the proposed programmatic and operational priorities. The SACSP also plays a key role in leading and facilitating strategy conversations to ensure that priorities are developed with efficiency, effectiveness, and alignment, and appropriate sequence in mind. The SACSP will report directly to the Chief of Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures proposed priorities are aligned with overall strategic direction and priorities of the College
• Determines appropriate implementation plans as priorities are approved by the College Cabinet and identifies existing resources to support implementation and escalates case for any gaps that exist
• Documents implementation plans; oversees tracking and progress, identifies and escalates any barriers to implementation progress
• Provides support, coaching, and feedback to college teams in the development of proposals and priorities
• Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information to the executive team to facilitate efficient decision making
• Serves as the liaison from the Chancellor’s Office to the Cabinet on programmatic and operational priorities
• Facilitates and coordinates the acquisition of information and support from various sources— including college personnel, third-party contractors, or consultants — in order to support the efficient and on-time delivery of priority objectives
• Clearly and effectively communicates planning context and related expectations to team members in timely fashion
• Drives and promotes content for leadership team meetings to ensure that decision points for key priorities are accelerated and sequenced appropriately
• Oversees and coordinates the staff of program managers that work with the college-wide SME teams; through this oversight ensures that college work is aligned both vertically and horizontally
• Manages project plans and associated documents while producing clear communication pieces from these documents to be shared with the executive team to demonstrate activity, progress, and key decision points
• Facilitates the use of data to inform decision making and planning
• Proposes new systems and processes to streamline work
• Prepares presentations and strategic communication materials that convey relevant activity and progress of strategic work to the College Cabinet and Board of Trustees, upon request
• Serves as a key partner for the college’s academic programming, curriculum planning, and facility programming including capital projects efforts
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values of the College including the 3 Goals and 8 Principles
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a related field
• Seven (7) years of progressively more responsible leadership experience in higher education.
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Ten (10) years of progressively more responsible leadership experience in higher education
• Five (5) years of supervisory experience
*Internal candidate with experience leading 3G8P work activities and working knowledge of academic affairs and student success principles at a community college
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and project management
• Demonstrated experience with process change and optimization
• Demonstrated ability to manage at all levels and coordinate with numerous departments within an organization
• Demonstrated success as a collaborator and relationship builder, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build coalitions and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of diverse individuals and groups, including senior executives, to achieve results
• Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with an ability to prioritize, drive and oversee the completion of multiple projects under tight deadlines, and to respond to changing priorities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Note: At this time, this opportunity is open to current TCC Employees (internal only).
Dr. Kelley Mills
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Deans Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth