Project Manager, Hyundai Research Collaborative
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) has a distinguished history of providing innovative leadership in art and design education and an ongoing commitment to creative experimentation and risk-taking. This progressive, inquisitive attitude permeates RISD’s campus culture, supporting the undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, curators, administrative, and support staff who form our community. RISD’s students are diverse, coming from a wide range of geographic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, representing all forms of diversity.
Hyundai Motor Group and RISD have announced a research collaboration to examine relationships among natural and built environments in order to propose new directions for the future of mobility. This partnership opens an inspiring new chapter in the space of design, art, and creation.
RISD is currently seeking outstanding applicants for a two-year fellowship position as the Project Manager, Hyundai Research Collaborative (Project Manager). With a firm grasp of the importance of stewardship, this role is responsible for independently planning, managing, and facilitating all aspects of the research collaborative. The ideal candidate will also serve as a trusted faculty and student liaison, developing vibrant and lasting relationships with the corporate partner, Hyundai Motor Group (HMG). The Project Manager will have a high capacity for the complex details involved with facilitating logistics and delivering projects, activities, and meetings to enhance the experience and learning for participants; as well as the marketing associated with this work. We welcome applicants with demonstrated success in working with diverse populations in a multicultural environment that embraces our vision and mission.
● Develop, plan, manage, evaluate and modify, coordinate, and facilitate activities between RISD faculty and students and Hyundai Motor Group (HMG), as assigned approved by the Associate Director. Provide research and analysis to further identify and develop additional programs and events sponsored by HMG.
● Host, engage, and introduce external parties to internal audiences including faculty, students, and staff to develop common areas for academic exploration through a variety of both traditional on-site activities and alternative formats. Nurture and ensure a positive on-going relationship with Hyundai.
● Develop initial project plans for review and refinement with others on the team. Generate and prepare project materials and create related correspondence and communications.
● Provide regular updates to the Associate Director on project status, budget expenses and identify any areas of concern or additional thought/practice exploration.
● Manage the budget and expenses for the Hyundai Research Collaborative. Generate periodic reports, make projections, monitor trends and make adjustments, as approved by the Associate Director, addressing areas of opportunity or concern.
● Envision, create and plan opportunities for projects, events, activities, and meetings, which optimize the experience and learning for participants. Delivers on plans and oversees and successfully execute logistics.
● Engage and coordinate with other internal RISD departments and external vendors, i.e. facilities, catering, media, public safety, to support the activities of the above events, ensure appropriate supplies/materials are available; and to achieve desired learnings.
● Provide support for special visitors, dignitaries, and guests. Develop agendas, arrange travel and other details to ensure appropriate hospitality is extended.
● Participate in Hyundai research activities and forums to further develop, inform and evaluate initiatives and engagement.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Minimum three years previous experience managing/coordinating projects, preferable within an academic setting.
● Demonstrated ability and desire to work effectively with ethnically and culturally diverse communities.
● Prior experience with or aptitude to manage, monitor and track budgets for defined project scope(s).
● Ability to identify and nurture relationships which result in high impact outcomes and to work with individuals at all levels of an organization/institution.
● Ability to work collaboratively as a research team member and independently on items and initiatives related to the Hyundai Project.
● Ability to take initiative, anticipate issues or delays.
● Excellent oral, written and electronic communication skills and organizational skills required.
● Detail-oriented, resourceful team player, who helps build relationships.
● Google Apps for Education (sheets, docs, slides) experience, and general office computer experience required.
● Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
35 hours per week; 12 months per year
Full-Time; 2-year Term
Documents Needed to Apply:
Cover Letter (required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Providence