Physician, Curry Health Center
Curry Health Center invites applications for a Physician to join their team on-campus. The physician will use current, evidence-based knowledge of medical standards of care in providing for the primary care needs of the university student population. The incumbent is expected to participate in clinical care, including some weekend coverage. As well as provide coverage of athletic events on a scheduled basis with other staff physicians. The physician will demonstrate competence with the use of an electronic health record and has the ability to keep up with new and emerging technologies.
The physician is required to be able to bring together and maintain effective workgroups, with participation in and possibly leadership of CHC workgroups. This position will promote cooperation throughout the organization and is able to contribute to the building of an environment of trust.
This position is required to work 4 clinic days per week during the fall and spring academic period and in addition in Summer and Winter session clinic coverage. Physicians’ will be scheduled on a shared basis with other staff physicians to work part-time during the summer academic term.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the policies and procedures of Curry Health Center and follows them; participates in maintaining and improving upon quality standards as determined by the Medical Director; actively participates in assigned committees and work groups; and demonstrates competence in the utilization of the electronic health record system, including electronic prescribing.
- Proven experience and passion for providing medical care
- Skilled with the use of an electronic health record and is able to use that tool in a proactive way for communication and for delivery of health care
- Comfortable with emerging technology and with the ever-evolving delivery of medical care and continuously strives for ways to deliver excellent health care effectively, affordably, and conveniently to students
- Flexible with respect to scheduling
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrates maturity, tact and professionalism in decision making and takes responsibility for their actions
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Must be a board-certified primary care physician
- Licensed in the state of Montana to practice medicine or able to be licensed prior to start date in the state of Montana
- Recent experience with both acute and chronic care and is comfortable providing mental health care in a primary care setting
- Curry Health Center (CHC) strongly encourages all employees to be current with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations on immunizations for Health Care Worker (HCW). This will ensure a safe work environment for our employees as well as our patients. The employees who have not been vaccinated will not be able to work if an outbreak occurs.
About Curry Health Center and UM
Curry Health Center is the primary health care provider for the students of the University of Montana.
We fulfill our campus role of promoting student success by providing direct health care to students:
- Enhancing personal health and development
- Supporting the campus community through education and public health activities
- Providing a variety of learning opportunities for students
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Physician
Position Number: 112810
Department: Curry Health Center
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 10 months/year, Position may require an alternative work schedule – Possible weekend or evening to cover athletic events and orientations. May fill in during academic breaks.
Salary: $64.203/hr – Position is exempt from overtime.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday, March 1, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular