Medical Receptionist, Curry Health Center
Curry Health Center invites applications for a Medical Receptionist to join their team. The Medical Receptionist is required to have outstanding customer service skills. The Receptionist holds a key position in the Medical Office in greeting patients, scheduling appointments, processing patient information, managing the reception windows, answering and directing telephone calls, and placing and releasing health holds in BANNER for all incoming students. The Medical Receptionist must have the ability to multitask and to work well in a team setting with a wide variety of people; must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
This position may supervise student employees, however the person assigned to this position is not responsible for the management or supervision of other classified staff members or contract professional employees.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to interact effectively and compassionately with students, faculty, staff, public and people of diverse cultures
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word
- Working knowledge of and ability to proficiently use common office equipment
- Some knowledge of medical terms
- Highly developed communication skills (including verbal, written, and interpersonal communications)
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and one (1) years working in a medical reception area or equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Curry Health Center (CHC) strongly encourages all employees to be current with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations on immunizations for Health Care Worker (HCW). This will ensure a safe work environment for our employees as well as our patients. The employees who have not been vaccinated will not be able to work if an outbreak occurs.
- Successfully completed classes in medical terminology
- Continuing education classes in customer service
- Knowledge of electronic health records
About Curry Health Center and UM
Curry Health Center is the primary health care provider for the students of the University of Montana. We fulfill our campus role of promoting student success by:
- Providing direct health care to students
- Enhancing personal health and development
- Supporting the campus community through education and public health activities
- Providing a variety of learning opportunities for students
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Medical Receptionist (Administrative Assoc. II)
Position Number: 180070
Department: Curry Health Center
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday, February 15, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular