Director of Undergraduate Admissions
High Point University, the Premier Life Skills University, seeks
an full-time experienced and energetic Director of Undergraduate
Admissions. The Director will embrace High Point University's
distinctive and innovative approach to undergraduate education that
emphasizes the importance of experiential learning, character
development, and the critical life skills graduates need to prepare
for a lifetime of success and significance. The successful
candidate will demonstrate an ability to enhance High Point
University's position as the #1 Regional College in the South and
its trajectory as one of the fastest growing institutions in the
nation. They will also show a passion for four-year, residential
education and an ability to collaborate well with key partners
around the university.
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions will report to the Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions and be responsible for the leadership of undergraduate recruitment and application review. In addition, the entrepreneurial thinking and creative Director will provide visionary leadership and compassionate management focused on personal and professional growth to a talented staff of four direct reports and a team of 25 admissions professionals.
- Manages a key territory for recruitment of prospective students
- Leads Undergraduate Admissions Recruitment Team
- Oversee Undergraduate Admissions application process and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Enrollment Management
- Minimum 4 years’ experience managing and leading professional staff
- Track record of leadership and professional development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to balance complex processes and systems simultaneously
- Track record of superior performance metrics
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic idea implementation
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong data driven decision-making abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Slate or comparable CRM, and other relevant modern technology
- Ability to travel extensively
- Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
- Leads Admissions Committee for final application review
- Fills in for Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions or Senior Vice President for Enrollment as needed on and off campus
- Assists Admissions Strategy Team members in developing annual comprehensive plans and recruitment strategies based on research (historical statistics and future predictions), market trends, university development and demographic information provided by the office and/or third-party vendors.
- Guides the University community in efforts of student recruitment, assisting individuals and departments in maximizing their effectiveness in formal and informal student recruitment efforts and opportunities.
- Represents the University at professional regional and national meetings and conferences.
- Serves on University committees and work with other University departments to establish and work to achieve University goals.
- Works closely with Vice President for Undergraduate Admissions on developing annual recruitment plan, including – but not limited to – financial aid strategy, Presidential Scholarship Awarding, travel and recruitment initiatives, and evaluation of external partners and technology.
- Oversees selection and notification of Honors Scholars and Academic Fellowship Programs
- Assess the strengths and competencies of Admissions Counselors and manage the team accordingly
- Leads team of Associate and Assistant Directors in development of their strategic recruitment plans; monitors, counsels and motivates performance toward achieving goals; leads team in planning and conducting events
- Offers and guides leadership development opportunities for entire Undergraduate Admissions recruitment team through motivation, counseling and general university knowledge education.
- Supervises a team of full-time employees, including setting clear expectations, scheduling, training, assigning work and ensuring completion of assigned responsibilities; makes recommendations for hiring and firing
- Guides all counselors in development of their presentation skills and post-tour meeting plan and delivery
- Creates Strategic Plan for attracting students with the right academic qualifications, from target high schools in assigned territory
- Sets goals for inquiries, applications, campus visitors, accepted students and enrolled students from assigned territory
- Makes travel arrangements and manages travel schedule as needed to visit target schools within travel budget
- Manages evaluation of all completed files within assigned territory; makes initial admit/deny/waitlist decisions for prospective students
- Meets with students and families after campus tours explaining application process, scholarship opportunities, study abroad, High Point University’s differentials, and answering all student or parent questions
- Maintains in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of the University’s academic and extracurricular programs
- Contributes to strategic planning and policy development for the Admissions Team
- Develops and maintains expertise to conduct campus tours; goes through tour shadowing program; conducts tours whenever needed
- Handles assigned duties during Admissions Events during the year: Open Houses, Early Registrations, Presidential Scholarship Program, Spirit Event, etc.
- Maintains positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating effectively with students, students’ parents, faculty, co-workers and managers
- Other duties as assigned
- Contributes to the development and achievement of HPU’s recruitment objectives
- Facilitates effective and efficient review of all applications for admission
- Facilitates professional growth for all members of Undergraduate Admissions recruitment team