Executive Director, Institutional Equity and Title IX Coordinator
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Executive Director, Institutional Equity and Title IX Coordinator, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Executive Director reports to the University’s Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer and oversees compliance with Federal and State nondiscrimination, equal access, equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws (EEO/AA), regulations and executive orders and policies that prohibit discrimination and harassment and provides leadership in the development, implementation and administration of policies and procedures to promote a respectful and diverse campus community. The Executive Director also serves as the University’s Title IX Coordinator, providing leadership in University-wide Title IX planning, monitoring, reporting, grievance procedures, education, prevention, and training efforts.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as the University's Title IX Coordinator and chairs the University’s Title IX Task Force.
- Coordinates investigations and responses on behalf of the University on discrimination and harassment complaints, both internally and those received from outside administrative agencies.
- Supervises a team of investigators and manages the university-wide investigation process and caseload.
- Prepares all necessary reports to federal and state agencies.
- Works with the Office of Human Resources, the Division of Student Affairs, and the Office of the General Counsel to provide workshops and training for University constituents.
- Participates in University programs and strategic initiatives relating to Title VII, IX and EEO/AA and other related areas.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulations and trends in higher education related to Title VII and IX; research best practices among universities and possesses in-depth knowledge of latest legal and regulatory developments.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and works under multiple deadlines.
- Oversees EEO/AA compliance in University employment practices.
- Supports the University Diversity Committee and reviews the diversity of search committees and interviewed applicants.
- Acts as senior level advisor on diversity, equity, and inclusion issues to build and maintain a diverse student body and work force.
- Coordinates with Deputy Title IX Coordinators to develop and implement case management for Title IX reports.
- Monitors University policy and procedures and collaborates with University colleges and units to ensure compliance with state and federal law and regulations and other legal authorities.
- Develops and implements campus-wide plans to update and improve diversity programs and services, ensuring their alignment with appropriate University strategic planning initiatives.
A Law degree (J.D., LL.B. or equivalent) from an accredited institution and five years of administrative, legal or management experience related to Title VII, ADA and/or Title IX compliance required.
Must have supervisory and demonstrated leadership experience.
Experience drafting policy, overseeing investigations, and collaborating with organizational partners, such as Human Resources or General Counsel preferred.
Experience in or with a higher education setting preferred.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ09694).
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Executive Directors Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton