Financial Aid Counselor
University of Idaho
Financial Aid Counselor & NCAA Compliance
Division/College: Enrollment Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.91 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Advise and counsel students and families concerning eligibility for athletic aid, financial aid, professional judgement, loan requirements, and special circumstances. Counsel and guide internal and external customers about financial aid and athletic aid process. Present scholarship, financial aid, and athletic aid information to audiences on and off campus. Develop, analyze, and review reports to determine eligibility for athletic, federal, state, and institutional financial aid and scholarship programs. Apply financial aid and NCAA policies and procedures to process student aid records.
High school diploma or GED
· Experience interpreting, explaining, and applying laws, regulations, and complex policies for multiple or highly specialized programs
· Experience analyzing information and researching a verity of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues
· Experience entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system
· Experience compiling/maintaining data and organizing data and information into written reports
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience and education
· Knowledge of federal aid regulations and programs, NCAA regulations, and the UI scholarship program
· Knowledge of university financial aid, admissions, registration, and student progress patterns
· Experience with SCT Banner software, Excel, and word processing programs
· Experience working with high school and/or college students
· Experience with athletic, federal, and institutional financial aid
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Ability to work independently in completing projects
· Ability to work professionally with people from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002702P
Posting Date: 01/29/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before February 21, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Position will remain open until a sufficient pool of candidates is identified.
In addition to the online application, please submit a resume and a detailed letter of qualification addressing all of the required and preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.