Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Faculty Classification: AY
Faculty Status: Tenure-Track
Status: Open Until Filled
Department Name: Kinesiology
Degree/Program: BS Kinesiology
Job Number: FAC2020-342
Priority Screening Date: 02/01/2021
Recruitment Status: Apply now! Priority screening date is February 1, 2021.
Powered by an inspiring Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7,600 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During the university's 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, a major building project, the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, was completed. A second major building project, the Otter Student Union, will be completed in 2020-21. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
- Teach courses in Kinesiology with a focus on Exercise Science and Wellness
- Facilitate engaged learning to promote student success
- Engage in scholarly activities leading to publication
- Seek grants or other sources of funding to support innovative inquiry-based projects
- Participate in department, college, university, and community service
- Supervise, mentor, and advise undergraduate students
- Serve your profession and the public and contribute to the CSUMB Vision
- Ph.D. in Kinesiology or related field by the time of appointment
- Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of courses
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research leading to peer-reviewed publication and external funding
- Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community
- ACSM and/or NSCA Certifications
- Record of involvement in relevant professional organizations
- Demonstrated ability to teach nutrition science, or service learning, or health and sports psychology
- Successful integration of teaching and research at the undergraduate level
Other Related Information:
Special Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
Compensation and Benefits:
CAMPUS HOUSING INFORMATION
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/6052
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application and submit required documents by the priority screening date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.