Facilities Maintenance Technician
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Posting Number: 0000970
PS Position#: 000001071
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $25,749 - $28,324 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A13. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the guidance and direction of the Director of Physical Plant, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist all craft personnel with routine and preventative maintenance repairs on all college buildings, mechanical equipment, utility systems, and grounds work.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist craft personnel:
- Assist Carpenter in constructing cabinets, performing finish
and trim work, building projects, pouring concrete, etc.
- Perform painting on carpentry, pipe, finished walls, etc. and
tape and float walls, etc.
- Assist Plumber.
- Assist Auto Mechanic (e.g., gas vehicles, wash vehicles,
- Change filters.
- Perform other general maintenance work as required.
- Assist Carpenter in constructing cabinets, performing finish and trim work, building projects, pouring concrete, etc.
- Mow and trim lawn (e.g., weed eating, stick edging, and blowing
- Clear parking lots of trash.
- Handle weed control.
- Fertilize lawn, trees, and shrubs.
- Apply various pesticides and herbicides, as
- Plant flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Perform minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, and
- Maintain underground irrigation system.
- Install and landscape on new projects.
- Prepare plants for special events.
- Trim and cut down trees.
- Transport equipment and material as required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist moving crew and other craftsman as needed.
- Power wash buildings and windows as needed.
- Maintain pool and fountain as needed.
- Clean pool vacuum cleaner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Five (5) years of related work experience
- Ability to utilize a weed eater, blower, mowers, chainsaw, pale
saw, edger, and trimmer
- Ability to utilize back hoe, front end loader, man lift, and
other grounds equipment
- Must be familiar with and work within industry safety
requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry loads of eighty
(80) pounds for fifty (50) feet or more on a frequent
- Must be able to work from ladders, boom trucks, or man
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist,
walk, grasp/squeeze for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and/or cold conditions
- Able to work individually and/or in a team environment with
- Must be customer focused; continually improving on customer
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Experience in education, hospital, or customer focused industry
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6759
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.