Vice President for Student Affairs
The Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA) has overall responsibility for providing leadership, management, and supervision for the student affairs division as he/she works to respond to student needs across three North American campuses, with a pronounced focus upon those in New Jersey. The VPSA is the Chief Student Affairs officer of the University, reporting directly to the Senior Vice President for University Operations and serves on the President’s Cabinet.
The VPSA will be the face and voice of student affairs and a driven advocate for students. The VPSA will leverage data and technology to evaluate student success and develop enhanced services for the student population, which differs by campus. Success in the role will require a deep understanding of student diversity and wellness, development of a curriculum of activities that aligns with the mission of the institution and maximizes the student experience, leading to improved success. The VPSA must inspire a culture of aspiration to provide the best possible student experience, and create an environment of innovation, drive, and excellence. The position will work collaboratively with the University’s diverse stakeholders including academic advising and enrollment management to advance the mission of Student Affairs.
The VPSA oversees and is responsible for the following sub-units across the New Jersey campuses consisting of student organizations, Greek life, the Student Government Association, student conduct, student events and activities, student counseling and health services, academic and disability student services, new and transfer student orientations, student life and special events, intramurals, the Student Center and Student Union, as well as programming within the residence halls and commuter centers. The VPSA will provide support to the Vancouver Campus in the development and execution of their Student Affairs programming.
- A Doctorate degree in higher education, counseling/student services, a teaching discipline aligned with the college’s instructional program, or a closely related field; and, increasingly responsible management and supervisory experience in one or more areas of student services; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of methods to promote the use of metrics to measure student success.
- Knowledge and understanding of student development theory and programs; knowledge of student due process policies/procedures; knowledge and understanding of the current issues and trends in student affairs and student development.
- Proven success record in a distributed Information Technology environment, including the ability to harness data from various sources to inform data-driven decisions for the University.
- Knowledge of mediation and/or conflict resolution strategies and methods; skill in mediating disputes between students, staff and students, staff, students/parents and community representatives.
- Exceptional judgment and the ability to make decisions and recommendations with the highest levels of integrity, fairness, and ethical standards.
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of constituencies, including students, parents, faculty, donors, and alumni, and to appreciate the concerns of each group.
- High energy, strong collegiality, and a positive demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to provide organizational leadership and a commitment to working in an inclusive, diverse, and fully participative organizational culture.
- A valid driver’s license and accessibility to transportation for travel between campuses and to off-site locations.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing a background check and produce a Social Security Card.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Teaneck
- Student Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Teaneck
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Teaneck
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Teaneck
- Other Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Teaneck