Administrative Assistant - K
Administrative Assistant - K
Department: Alumnae/i Affairs & Development Office
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Employee Type: Staff
Posting Date: 01/25/2021
Union Representation: CWA
Posting Number: AS034P
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position provides administrative support to the Director of Donor Relations and the rest of the team in the Donor Relations department. This position is currently remote, for a temporary length of time. Remote work will be re-evaluated by the department and the College as needed.
- Proactively support the Director in all aspects of the
administering the Donor Relations department, including scheduling
meetings and coordinating calendars for Director, creating project
timelines, tracking to-dos and deadlines, proofreading
- Assist the DR Department with the assembling, emailing or
mailing, processing and tracking of standard acknowledgement
letters, standard condolence letters and standard IMO and IHO
- Extensive data entry and maintenance of data in OAAD's CRM
database thankQ, along with entering and manipulating data in
additional internal Vassar databases.
- Prepare mailings, either individual correspondence or large
mail merges and package/mailing assembling and mailing. Pick up
mail and packages for DR.
- Tracking and data entry of DR administrators' correspondence
- Ability to research and problem solve administrative issues,
particularly with other Vassar departments.
- Maintain all electronic and paper filing systems as
- Answer telephone lines for multiple administrators, field
general questions about Gift Planning and Estate Administration and
resolve requests. Check mailbox, pick up mail and packages for
- Coordinate meetings and calendars on behalf of multiple
- Support office productivity functions, including mail
retrieval, office supply purchasing and coordinating third-party
services for the department.
- Pay invoices, submit purchase orders, assign budget allocation,
track invoice payments for Donor Relations office.
- Make occasional travel arrangements for administrators,
including conference registrations, and provide assistance while
administrators are traveling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- A minimum of two to four years of administrative support
experience and/or training.
- Have demonstrated experience working with and understanding of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone
manner are essential.
- Reliable, highly-organized, with an extremely high level of
attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize projects. Ability
to exercise good judgement for when to involve other administrators
or supervisor to help solve problems.
- Strong computer skills are required, high-level proficiency
with Google suite and Microsoft Office Suite, and a willingness to
learn new technology and software applications.
- The successful candidate will be a team player, with the
ability to maintain confidentiality, while managing deadlines and
multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced work
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with a diverse community of students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1781.