Associate Director of Freshmen Admission
The Office of Undergraduate Admission at Marian University seeks a degreed professional to recruit prospective students and oversee the undergraduate campus visit program. The associate director of freshmen admission will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by further developing and maintaining close relationships with prospective students, families, high school constituents, and community-based organizations by managing an Indiana recruitment territory of Hamilton county high schools and Catholic, charter, and private high schools in Marion county. Responsibilities include 8-10 weeks of fall travel, meeting with prospective students, implementing a comprehensive communication plan, and assisting with the planning of recruitment events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services
- Counsel prospective students on available academic programs, financial aid, and extracurricular activities
- Maintain close contact with potential students through email, telephone contact, social media, personal letters, and campus visits
- Attends scheduled college fairs and high school visits to promote the educational opportunities available at Marian University
- Oversee professional staff members responsible for the planning and implementation of on-campus recruitment events
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all Marian University programs (academic, athletic, etc.)
- Represents the Undergraduate Admission Office at community events as required
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Undergraduate Admission
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant, progressive experience
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Excellent customer service, presentation, verbal/written communication, and organizational skills
- The ability to think critically and solve complex problems
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A valid driver's license without restriction
- Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, a cover letter, and names and contact information of three current references. Only complete applicant packets submitted through https://marian.peopleadmin.com/ will be considered.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis