Pharmacologist Job Vacancy link: (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590869500)
Open/Close Date: 2/1/21 - 2/5/21
Salary: GS-405- 11/12 - $72,750 to $113,362 per year
CTP Job Link: http://www.fda.gov/ctpjobs
The Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) regulates the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of tobacco products. Our goal is to reduce the harm from all regulated tobacco products across the entire population, including: reducing the number of people who start to use tobacco products, encouraging more people to stop using these products, and reducing the adverse health impact for those who continue to use these products. CTP's actions have significant public health and consumer protection impact and are among the most important issues faced by the Agency in its long and distinguished history.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Medical Products and Tobacco, Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS) located in Beltsville, Maryland.
- Reviews a wide range of tobacco products to determine the adequacy of the results from biology, toxicology, environmental science, computational modeling, and/or other scientific studies.
- Reviews and evaluates the results of nonclinical pharmacological studies submitted in support of tobacco products applications.
- Provides advisory service to other offices within CTP, other FDA centers, and possible other agencies within the government.
- Prepares comprehensive summaries and integrated discussions of data submitted for review and other available information.
The position of Pharmacologist falls under the 0405 occupational series. To qualify for this position at grade GS-11/12, you must meet the following:
Applicants must have a major in an appropriate biological, medical, veterinary, or physical science, or in pharmacy that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry and physiology and 12 semester hours in pharmacology.
NOTE: Applicants must submit all relevant transcripts that demonstrate you possess the required education to meet the Basic Qualifications.
Specialized Experience. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience assisting with analyzing and evaluating nonclinical pharmacology and/or toxicology studies and protocols on regulated products such as drugs, chemicals or tobacco.
Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading towards a Ph.D. or LL.M., if related. (Must submit transcripts)
Have a combination of experience as described in "A" above and education as described in "B" above.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience assisting in reviewing, evaluating, designing, developing or validating scientific documents and protocols of nonclinical pharmacology and/or toxicology studies related to products such as drugs, chemicals or tobacco.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 02/05/2021. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. You must continue to meet all requirements through the hiring process.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Silver Spring
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Silver Spring
- Biology & Life Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Silver Spring
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Silver Spring