Dean of the College of Dentistry
Dean of the College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University seeks a strategic, collaborative, values-driven leader to serve as its next dean of the College of Dentistry. Reporting to the executive vice president and provost and serving as the chief academic officer of the college, the dean will set a bold and ambitious vision for Ohio State dentistry that harnesses the talent, creativity, diversity, and breadth of expertise across its rich community of faculty, staff, and students.
The Ohio State University's history of excellence is more than 150 years old. The university’s enviable scale and breadth present an exceptional opportunity to transcend traditional boundaries and to create a lasting impact in the world.
The College of Dentistry is the fourth-largest public dental school in the United States and consists of ten academic divisions representing all major dental specialties and dental hygiene. The divisions offer both patient care services and academic programs, allowing dentists to train as specialists. The college’s outreach and engagement activities include over 60 active programs and more than 42 extramural sites. The College of Dentistry actively partners with The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Nationwide Children’s Hospital, national leaders in medical care.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidates for this position must have the following credentials:
- Demonstrated success in enhancing and advancing patient care, education, and research programs;
- Demonstrated success in securing private, corporate, and/or governmental support to advance the college's mission;
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading a complex organization undergoing change;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to listen and understand the needs of faculty, staff, and students; and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external constituents;
- Effective decision-making skills;
- Solid understanding of dentistry clinical practice, procedures, and scheduling;
- Demonstrated accomplishments in research and scholarship;
- A DDS/DMD degree or equivalent degree;
- Graduate of an accredited dental college and/or Accredited Advanced Dental Education Program or Specialty; and
- CODA-approved training consistent with being eligible for dental licensure in Ohio.
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting The Ohio State University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process.
Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to:
Jan Greenwood, Founder
Joe Stanley, Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
For more information about The Ohio State University, please visit www.osu.edu, and for more information on the College of Dentistry, please visit dentistry.osu.edu
The Ohio State University is a premier employer that provides exceptional rewards, including medical, dental, and vision benefits. The university's competitive salaries and benefits packages include generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, wellness initiatives, and more. Visit the Office of Human Resources website at hr.osu.edu for detailed information.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Dentistry Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus
- Deans Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbus