Professor (Open Rank) & Program Director of the Bachelor's Degree Completion Program in IT
The College of Professional Studies (CPS) of The George Washington University invites applications from qualified applicants to this unique opportunity for a full-time faculty position with an administrative appointment as Director of the Bachelor’s of Professional Studies Degree Completion in Information Technology Program. This is a 12-month non-tenure-track renewable appointment with an initial appointment period of three years beginning as early as July 1, 2021. Rank will be determined based on academic qualifications.
The Bachelor’s degree completion program in Information Technology (formerly offered as Integrated Information Science and Technology but now refocused and renamed) is designed to give students a comprehensive perspective of the technology industry as they prepare to begin new careers or grow in current ones. Students benefit from GW’s deep connections to nearby Washington, D.C.-based governmental and non-governmental organizations and gain a solid foundation in problem-solving, analytical thinking, communication and computing skills to succeed in a number of fields including Information Systems, Technology Management and Consulting, Network Administration, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- teaching 3 four-credit courses per year (over 3 terms) at either the Graduate Education Center in Arlington, VA or GW’s Virginia Science and Technology Campus in Ashburn, VA;
- performing administrative duties related to the operation (curriculum development ensuring that the program remains current in embracing emerging technologies; faculty recruitment, assignment and review; advising students; and participating in student admissions) and marketing of the program;
- fostering the growth and visibility of the program (including establishing and maintaining relationships with both industry and local community colleges); and
- developing and implementing new initiatives.
The approximate breakdown of responsibilities is 40% teaching, 50% administration, and 10% research/scholarship/service.
Basic Qualifications: Applicants must have: 1) a terminal degree in a relevant field by the date of appointment or a master’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience; 2) demonstrated excellence in teaching; 3) demonstrated administrative/management experience; 4) knowledge of the research and scholarship in the field.
How to apply: Complete an online faculty application at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/80850 and upload a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae. In the cover letter, please address each of the position’s specific responsibilities listed above.
Only complete applications will be considered. Review of applications will begin on March 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashburn
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashburn
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashburn
- Executive Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashburn
- Other Executive Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Ashburn