Graduate Program Student Services Support Coordinator (65524BR) - W. P. Carey at ASU
China Programs at W. P. Carey School of Business, Graduate
Programs, has a coordinator opening for a member of the student
services team supporting daily office operations, the academic and
student activities and processes aimed toward the expectations of a
top business school experience.
This position practices solid service based upon a “how can I help you” outlook, with a genuine interest in the success of our students in China while fostering working relationships when handling details that must be done on time, accurately, and in accordance with given guidelines, structure, and established policies to support students and faculty
This position is based at ASU’s Tempe Campus. Due to COVID-19, all staff (as of this posting date) are working remotely. When safe to do so, staff will return to working on campus. Training for this position may occur remotely.
- Provides highly responsive support for students enrolled in China EMBA, MiM, and DBA programs, and other China new initiatives, including: degree and non-degree online applications, course enrollment in courses across programs, maintaining registration information, application documents, necessary translation schemas, academic guidance, and serves as an information resource for any student related matters.
- Works closely with the program administration to ensure all students are accurately tracked for academic progress.
- Assist with sending the appropriate academic policies and notifications to students, including preparing and sending unofficial grade reports, tracking retake progress, scheduling with retake students, and sending retake notices.
- Supports faculty and course delivery in an on-campus classroom environment in China or off-campus environment in other countries, such as students’ benchmarking tours in US or Europe.
- Provides assistance, information and guidance to faculty, including: teaching paperwork, class rosters, attendance records and grade posting, teaching evaluations, and any materials necessary for delivery of course content.
- Supports all programs’ faculty travel planning and reimbursement, completes Concur travel request and expense reports, coordinates logistics by working with ASU travel stakeholders, partner institutions, and faculty members.
- Translates and proofreads, when appropriate, course materials between Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Supports formatting and editing of DBA thesis documents in collaboration with Program Manager.
- Coordinates and assists with events as they pertain to China programs and their integration into the overall portfolio of graduate programs; this would include, but not be limited to orientation/launch, meet and greets, academic events, convocation, site visits, benchmarking tours, etc.
- Serves as lead staff member in the China Graduate Programs team on transactional accounting support, including daily programs’ expense processing and tracking, acts as programs’ primary contact for faculty travels, tracks and updates programs’ travel budget.
- Supports established budget by preparing disbursements, proposals, recommendations and securing approvals where appropriate and ensuring budget is adhered to via university policy.
- Provides academic and program support through the management of course registrations, materials ordering, team assignments, event coordination and support, etc.
- Regularly reviews and updates web content.
- Interprets and enforces program and university policies and procedures.
- May support other Graduate Programs as needed including signature events, supporting Orientations and Graduations, travel opportunities and all aspects of student advising and program delivery.
- Attends and represents the program, school, and university at professional development workshops, on committees, focus groups, and staff meetings, etc.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and three years of related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of being bilingual: English/Mandarin Chinese. Proficiency in Chinese communication skills including writing, speaking, reading and interpersonal
- Able to work flex hours to support varying time zones
- Demonstrated knowledge of Chinese communities and culture;
- Evidence of a Master’s degree in Business degree or related;
- Experience within a higher education environment in the following areas: student advising and services; business and curriculum processes; student engagement activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student information systems (PeopleSoft); Concur travel system; DocuSign
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles, preparation and forecasting.
- Experience in coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Experience with basic project management
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically to support program activities and events
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Academic Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- International Programs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Asu