Human Resources Assistant III
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Human Resources Assistant III
Position number: B99798
Salary: $ 35,500.00
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
Associates degree from an accredited college or university required. Working knowledge of computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet preparation. Banner and Cornerstone experience preferred. Excellent communication and strong customer service skills.
Provides office support for the Office of Human Resources as outlined below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate)
- Work with Cornerstone applicant tracking database and applicant records.
- Write, edit and layout advertisements for vacant positions
- Prepare employment announcements for web posting and provide email notifications to campus and responses concerning vacant or potential positions of employment and new hire announcements.
- Serves as contact person for departments, employees and external groups concerning vacant position status.
- Provide applicants with position status notification.
- Prepare price quotes, requisitions for purchase orders and payment of invoices for advertising.
- Maintain digital copies of job descriptions and position folder documentation in a shared file location
- Compile and verify appropriate paperwork from hiring manager on applicant pools
- Manage the applicant background check process.
- Maintain records management, retention, and purging of applicant files and advertising records.
- Monitor and assist with departmental Institutional Effectiveness Plans.
- Processes unemployment paperwork and participate in unemployment hearings for employees.
- Obtain authorization as needed, documents, and completes employment verification for loans and external background checks.
- Troubleshoot applicant tracking system (Cornerstone) issues with employees
- Communicate with Webmaster about necessary updates on the www.mscc.edu/jobs website
- Create training resources for hiring managers as needed for position
- Receive and maintain applicant transcripts and materials
- Provide regular updates on hiring cycles when requested
- Provide travel support and documentation for HR staff as directed and balance travel account
- Actively participate in committees and internal Motlow group activities as directed by the EDHR
- Handle general office duties such as answering telephone daily and maintain a working knowledge of duties and rapport with all offices on campuses for referral/interface.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application and resume online at www.motlowjobs.com .
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities