Professor of Software Engineering
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to contribute to the course delivery, curriculum development, and assessment of the Software Engineering program. Course delivery may include face-to-face, online, hybrid, and hyflex approaches. Support is expected, including course assignments, for other programs offered by the department, including Computer Science and Cybersecurity. The successful candidate will be effective in the recruitment and retention of students and the development of partnerships with industry, academia and government.
The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in the department. Teaching responsibilities will be primarily in the undergraduate and graduate program in Software Engineering. In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Teach and/or perform the assignment effectively;
2. Conduct scholarly activities or research;
3. Continue preparation and study in the discipline;
4. Contribute to student growth and development, including student advising; and
5. Provide service to the university and community.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT), located in the School of Computing, Engineering, and the Environment (SCEE) at St. Cloud State University, has a probationary (tenure-track) faculty opening. Successful candidates will have expertise to support our unique undergraduate and graduate programs in Software Engineering. The department values close student-faculty interaction and active learning. For more information about the College of Science and Engineering and Department of Computer Science and Information Technology click on one of the links.
The ideal candidate will have the credentials, expertise and leadership skills to become a leader in the software engineering programs. They will demonstrate strong abilities to forge beneficial academic and industrial partnerships. Such candidate could be hired at the rank of associate or full professor.
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found here.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly research and/or engage in creative works; 3) continue preparation and study in their discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- A PHD degree in Software Engineering or closely related area. ABD will be considered if degree will be completed before the start date.
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence of demonstrated effective teaching
- Deep appreciation of equity, diversity and inclusiveness and the ability and willingness to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Academic experience in Software Engineering
- Strong relevant industrial experience
- Experience in teaching and assessment of quality on-line courses
- Knowledge of Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) requirements
- Potential for successful collaborative and/or interdisciplinary work
- Demonstrated abilities to forge synergetic academic and industrial
- Credentials, expertise and leadership skills to become a leader in the program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta