Medical Assistant - COVID Vaccine Clinic
Are you looking for an exciting and fulfilling career as a Medical Assistant ? The student health center at CU Boulder encourages applications for Medical Assistants! We have multiple positions available. Medical Assistants receive an excellent compensation package including paid vacation and sick leave, medical, dental and life insurance, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement!
This position will support the COVID Vaccine Clinic through Medical Services. The Vaccine clinic will assist with vaccinating students, faculty and staff on the CU Boulder campus and may extend to the community as directed. A majority of our current work revolves around caring for a supporting students who need testing for or have been diagnosed with COVID.
This position may also be required to perform medical assisting duties that include delivering comprehensive health care, education and customer service including primary care, gynecological and transgender services to the student population.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understand and are committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness. The Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
COVID Vaccine Clinic
- The Medical Assistant will be involved with all aspects of the COVID vaccine clinic to include registration, administration, observation, documentation of vaccine in CIIS (Colorado Immunization Information System) and other support as needed.
Provider Support, Patient Care, & Customer Service
- Interview patient for primary complaint, acquire appropriate vital signs and detail pertinent medical history in the Electronic Medical Record during the patient intake process, to include but not limited to historical data collection of previous allergies; updating patient’s medication list, significant medical history, and learning barriers.
- Implement provider's plan of treatment for patients of all ages primarily late adolescent and early adulthood population.
- Assist in direct patient care procedures and give prescribed medications and immunizations.
- Call in prescriptions and complete prior authorizations as assigned.
- Assist nurses and providers during procedures based upon proficiencies in Medical Services. May also assist with front office duties on a rotating basis.
- Familiar with the location of the crash cart and is available to assist the RN and Provider staff in a code situation.
- Stock the exam rooms on a daily and as needed basis. This includes infection prevention and cleaning of the rooms between patients.
Point of Care
- Perform POC tests on patients on a regular basis. Proficiency tests will be done once a year.
- Document these tests in the EMR to reflect accurate charting and charging for any POC test being performed.
- Responsible for documenting and charging in the EMR of all procedures, POC, treatments and medications given.
- All COVID vaccine administration will need to be documented in CIIS.
What You Should Know
- This is a full-time position. Work hours are Monday-Friday with some Saturdays. Saturday hours are 9 AM- 1 PM.
- These are limited term appointments, not expected to exceed one year. These positions include benefits.
What We Can Offer
Starting salary is $17.14 per hour ($17.50 if certified).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution by date of hire and eligibility to obtain and Medical Assistant registration/certification within six months of hire.
- BLS certificate (upon hire or can be obtained within three months of hire).
What You Will Need
- The position requires basic digital literacy (experience of Windows based systems).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such as:
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current membership from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of current membership from National Health career Association (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of current membership from National Certified Competency Testing (NCCT)
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu