Radiology Technologist - On-Call
Wardenburg Health Services encourages applications for a Radiology Technologist ! This position will provide the highest quality diagnostic radiology services to students, staff, faculty and University guests and their dependents (as appropriate) at the University of Colorado, Boulder. This service, at Wardenburg Health Center, provides x-ray procedures for both internal and external ordering practitioners. This position provides technical radiology services by performing x-ray examinations for patients, calculating radiation factors prior to practitioner’s examinations of patients, advises practitioners about radiological images; verifies patient demographics and electronic orders, updates medical records and the electronic jacket, delivers radiological reports from the Radiologists to the referring practitioners via interface or paper (if information system is down), and performs patient billing functions. This position has variable hours and is an on-call position.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understand and are committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness. The Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Radiologic Technology Science
- Operates diagnostic x-ray equipment. Positions patient for optimal image. Critiques images for optimal quality.
- Calculates and regulates radiation exposure factors (ie. milliamperage, peak kilovolts, time/distance, grid ratios, patient habitus, and condition of patient) and anatomical positioning to acquire optimal images.
Communication with Patients, Healthcare Providers, Staff and Service Vendors
- Communicates with patients, healthcare providers, clinic staff and service vendors.
- Confers, partners, and collaborates with healthcare providers to clarify orders, to confirm possible additional views and to exchange information about the patient to facilitate the radiologic exam.
- Release medical information to Wardenburg healthcare providers by phone or EMR.
- Release medical information to patients via a compact disc when required for continuity of care with release of information.
Information System and Computer Technology
- Accesses, retrieves and enters data in Radiology Information System (RIS), Picture Archiving Computel System (PACS), Medicat Order Monitor and Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Digital Radiography system(DR) and Wardenburg network computers.
- Tasks include entering demographic information, confirming electronic orders, updating provider data tables, performing billing, auditing information for accuracy and accessing patient records for necessary information to complete an exam.
What You Should Know
- This is a 1% on call position.
- Hours of operation are 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Thursday. 8:00am - 5:00pm on Fridays. We are closed for lunch from 12:00pm - 1:00pm and on weekends.
What We Can Offer
The hourly range is $26.75 - $28.75.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Engaged. Be Informed. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution. Appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- One year of professional experience in an occupational field related to the work assignment.
- Wardenburg requires a valid registry or licensure as a Radiologic Technologist (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - Radiography).
- BLS certificate (upon hire or can be acquired within three months of hire).
What You Will Need
- Position requires basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based systems).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Outstanding customer service skills.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by July 28, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu