Configuration Management Analyst
We are encouraging applications for a Configuration Management Analyst 3 who will be responsible for the configuration management of hardware and documentation. CM positions are responsible for reviewing BOMs and documentation for adherence to LASP policies and routes and releases ECOs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
LASP began in 1948 (a decade before NASA) and combines all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. We are the world’s only academic research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Follow configuration management plans in the routing of ECOs and make recommendations for improvements as vital.
- Work with program managers to develop a plan that meets program review objectives while maintaining an efficient sign-off.
- Work with the engineering services team and the Engineering Services Manager to craft and implement configuration management policies that best suit the needs of the organization within the construct of configuration management, document management, and the operational constraints of ERP/MRP/MES tools.
- Assess an atypical CM situation to determine if a nonstandard solution may be appropriate. Discuss atypical situations with senior CM staff to finalize solutions.
- Work collaboratively with customers to understand their needs and to handle conflict in a respectful manner.
- Assemble flight build documentation for release to the production floor. Upon build completion and QA review process the as built data.
- Maintain data integrity of Part Numbering, Description formats, and other data stored in the CM system. Assist in correcting data in mechanical and electrical engineering systems.
- Build requirements and evaluate software packages against these requirements.
- Develop user training material and train users on any new CM system that may be implemented and assist in the implementation of a new system.
What You Should Know
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen in order to be considered.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range is $70,000-$90,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Ingenious. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree. Equivalent experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Five years of experience in configuration management in a high tech industry, including interacting with a manufacturing environment.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong Excel Skills.
- A strong CM background in regards to Configuration Management.
- An eagerness to understand the engineering and production environment which they support.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Six or more years of experience in configuration management in a high tech industry, including interacting with a manufacturing environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu