LECTURER - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Anticipated start date: July 2021
Academic Appointment: Lecturer
Position Summary: The Human and Radiographic Anatomy part-time faculty member reports directly to the Program Director. Primary responsibilities include:
· Work closely with the Program Director, Director of Didactic Education and Director of Human Anatomy Lab to ensure cohesiveness of the Human and Radiographic Anatomy and Lab six (6) credit course each fall is in harmony with the educational philosophy of the program.
· Develop the Human and Radiographic Anatomy and Lab syllabus with integration of the program’s defined goals and learning outcomes.
· Responsible for generating and delivering classroom learning experiences and dissection skills instruction within the Human and Radiographic Anatomy and Lab course.
· Responsible for student assessment and remediation in accordance to the program’s remediation policy.
Required Qualifications: Doctoral degree is preferred in a related field with emphasis in human anatomy and physiology. Candidates with exceptional related experience and a master’s degree would be considered.
· Expertise in human anatomy and physiology.
· Experience teaching gross anatomical dissection.
· Previous teaching experience in higher education, in an accredited physician assistant program or medical school is strongly preferred.
· Effective communicator
· Competent analytical skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and communicate with diverse students, healthcare professional and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Commitment to diversity and inclusion to ensure a culture of care
· Passion for higher education
Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.edu/jobs and attach a CV and cover letter detailing teaching and leadership philosophy along with a syllabus used in a previously taught anatomy course.
Questions about online applications should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
All bargaining unit faculty members shall be covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Ithaca College and Services Employees International Union, Local 200United. Part-time or adjunct bargaining unit employees are all part-time faculty employed by Ithaca College at its Ithaca, New York campus including but not limited to faculty in the titles of Lecturer or Adjunct.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca