Admission Operations Coordinator
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
- In alignment with Admission Operations, the Admissions
Operations Coordinator is the subject matter expert for
international student enrollment / admissions and serves as the
Primary Designated School Official (PDSO). In this capacity, this
position guides secondary DSOs and maintains best practices.
Additionally, this position is the senior team member for limited
enrollment admissions, enrollment situations of increased
complexity, and process improvement.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) for the
U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Student and Exchange Visitor
Information System (SEVIS) to ensure regulatory compliance by the
institution in tracking the enrollment of F-1 international
students at Oakton. Monitor, evaluate, and report the status of
international students to the Department of Homeland Security.
Train secondary DSOs.
- Evaluate, verify, determine eligibility, and process admission
applications, transcripts, test scores, financial documents, letter
of sponsorship, and English proficiency for international
applicants and limited enrollment program applicants. Inform
students of the enrollment process and their application status as
well as admissions decisions. Maintain accurate admission databases
and records. Provide training for colleagues on international
student requirements and limited enrollment admission
- Assess processes and procedures with Admissions staff, Academic
Affairs, Department Chairs, IT, and Enrollment Services personnel
related to the admission and enrollment process for students,
including international students, limited enrollment programs, and
special programs such as dual credit and concurrent
- Process and authorize I-20 government forms for qualified
international students. Exercise independent judgment in
interpreting regulations related to student visas issued by the
Department of Homeland Security. Communicate with international
students regarding requirements to maintain F-1 status and any
government regulation changes.
- Serve as main liaison between limited enrollment program
chairs, health career advisors, Athletics, CRM administrator, and
the Enrollment Services Department. Coordinate materials for
- Monitor and update Enrollment Services personnel and students
on changes related to the compliance of international students or
changes in admission criteria in limited enrollment programs.
Maintain documentation of operational processes and procedures
related to international student and limited enrollment application
- Provide accurate information to students and the community
verbally or in writing by interpreting Federal, State Law and
College policies and procedures as well as following the guidelines
of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Prepare statistical reports for application and enrollment data
related to international students, limited enrollment programs and
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of Enrollment
Services operations. Provide recommendations to enhance the
application process and student experience, supporting document
submission, and student records.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be
acquired is required.
- Two years of experience in an area of student service, using
college support software, (preferably SCT Banner) is
- Ability to develop new or modify existing enrollment functions
to enhance the efficiency of the procedures with an emphasis on
customer service and record processing preferred.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the
ability to deliver services in an environment where there is an
emphasis on customer service are required. Incumbent must be able
to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with
individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and
- Must have strong organizational and detail oriented skills.
Will require significant ability to mentally attend and visually
concentrate on a significant amount of detailed work is
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred),
intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred),
and beginning presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint
preferred) skills are required.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Manager of Admissions Operations. Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Admission & Enrollment.
Functional supervision may be exercised over student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $52,593 - The starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines