Media Relations Rep 1 - (STA006901)
Enhances the image of the university by representing the university to local and national media.
- Covers assigned beat and garners media coverage by generating story ideas, researching and writing press releases, feature stories, magazine articles and other original content that promotes groundbreaking research, curriculum, programming, student and faculty accomplishments, collaborations and other activities for assigned departments, division, colleges and programs.
- Responds to media requests for information and interviews with faculty subject-matter experts and other personnel.
- Interviews faculty, staff, students and administrators to write, edit and disseminate news releases, media advisories and media tip sheets.
- Analyze and translate complex data from research studies, surveys, polling data and scientific experiments.
- Coordinates and executes press conferences and media availabilities.
- Monitors news events for potential media opportunities to enhance the reputation of the university's programs and people.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with administrators and faculty and stays apprised of newsworthy activities to provide communications support through media.
- Fosters and maintains positive working relationships with representatives of key media outlets.
- Researches and identifies new opportunities for positive media exposure for the university.
- Creates and maintains media lists.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Work Portfolio With At Least Three Writing Samples.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- English & Literature Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston