College Connections Advisor
Posting Number AS181P Position Title College Connections Advisor Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
This position will work with multiple high schools within the college service area. The primary responsibilities will be to create a college going culture and to assists students in the transition to college, including facilitation of the admissions and registration process for Dual Credit.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) year of high school or higher education experience in teaching, counseling, or advising.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, education, marketing, or communications. Three years high school teaching/counseling experience, or three years’ experience in a community college setting; Bilingual/Spanish speaking.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Texas core requirements;
• Career assessment programs;
• Business software programs;
• Course content and objectives
• Use of computers and related software application programs;
• Interviewing and advising;
• High school or higher education teaching, advising, testing, and recruitment;
• Knowledge of college programs and courses.
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Establish primary contacts at assigned high schools; implement Dual Credit admissions and registration process, and recruitment, advising, and college readiness activities/workshops for potential FTIC students and the adult education participants to include: college and FASFA application workshops, lunch visits, placement testing, parent workshops, Senior Open House, college campus tours, and Summer Bridge.
2. Assess student’s stage of development and promote student growth by assisting student in establishing academic and career goals. Advise high school students and parents on college and career options and academic programs, ADA and 504 regulations, as appropriate. Interpret TSI assessment results.
3. Monitor potential students as they work toward becoming college-ready and establish cohorts to assist in tracking students.
4. Represent the College at on and off campus events, such as College Days/Nights in our service area and surrounding areas.
5. Train, schedule and supervise college Ambassadors for support during on and off campus recruitment activities. Recruit, coordinate, schedule, and support college staff for recruitment activities.
6. Keep current on COM programs and core requirements, degree plans and TSI requirements.
7. Monitors academic progress of students; determines eligibility and satisfactory progress towards degree; identifies current and potential needs or problem areas; refers student to appropriate campus resources for assistance. Involvement in the Early Warning Program and student retention efforts.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned
Position in this class typically require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range $46,389 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $57,987 Posting Open Date 01/18/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2363 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you able to work weekends?
- * Are you able to work evenings?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree and one (1) year of high
school or higher education experience in teaching, counseling, or
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City