Tenure-Track Faculty Position, School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Science
The School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, which houses the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program , in the College of Health at the University of Montana invites applicants for two (2) full-time, academic year, tenure-track faculty positions . Rank will be commensurate with experience and start date is negotiable. Faculty research and effective instruction are highly valued and supported. Successful applicants will demonstrate initiative, creativity, problem-solving skills, and the ability to collaborate. Junior faculty are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate would be expected to be effective instructors within our clinically integrated curricular design. The instructional load for the position will be consistent with other tenure-track faculty of the same rank and will align with an applicant’s expertise and interest. Some preference is given to applicants who could provide instruction in at least one of the following areas: Pediatrics, Cardiopulmonary, Exercise Physiology, Prosthetics, Health Care Systems, Health Promotion, and Practice & Administration. Course descriptions and further information are available here .
A primary responsibility of our tenure-track faculty members is to establish a productive research agenda. Numerous opportunities for collaborative research are available within the School, College, and University, as well as with other clinical partners in the surrounding healthcare institutions.
Lastly, an equitable degree of service within department and university committees is expected. There may be some opportunity for clinical work within our on-site clinical sites as it fits the applicant’s interest and the School’s needs.
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, Assistant/Associate Professor and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
- Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Earned terminal academic doctorate (e.g. Ph.D., Ed.D.) or enrolled as an advanced academic doctoral student as ABD
- Evidence of peer-reviewed scholarship with a focus towards publishing journal manuscripts
- Ability to teach independently in a graduate clinical program
- Capable of acquiring extramural funding
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with diverse populations
- Ability to collaborate, solve problems and be flexible
- Postdoctoral experience
- Established record of obtaining extramural funding
- Prior experience and accolades in teaching physical therapy curriculum
- Eligible for Physical Therapy Licensure in the State of Montana
- Board Certification and/or residency/fellowship training in a clinical practice area
About UM and Missoula
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- State of Montana
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: March 1, 2021
Applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. Application review will begin on after the date above and continue until the position is filled with an anticipated start date autumn 2020.
Please submit the following application materials via "New Resume/CV" button below.
*Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required qualifications for the position
- Detailed curriculum Vitae listing education and describing work experience
- Three (3) professional references - Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
- Research statement : Describe your research plans for the near future if you were to join UMPT as a tenure-track faculty member
Inquiries about this position can be directed to Ryan L. Mizner, PT, Ph.D., Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website .
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular