Clinical Lab Tech- Processor
Clinical Lab Tech- Processor
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Clinical Lab Tech - Processor will be a member of a 4-person testing team at the Life Sciences Testing Center (LSTC) on Northeastern University's Innovation Campus at Burlington. The LSTC will carry out COVID-19 testing for the Northeastern community. Under the guidance of the General Supervisor, as Testing Personnel as defined by CLIA, the Processor will be responsible for preforming only those tests that are authorized by the Laboratory Director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual's education, training, experience, and technical abilities. This is an 18-month term positions with the possibility of renewal depending on funding and business need.
- Execute and adhere to all safety protocol relating to a
laboratory, including handling of hazardous biological agents and
chemicals as well as potentially hazardous chemicals; Hazard
clean-up, as well as universal precautions and infection control
- Participate in the organization and testing of specimen
- Inspect and document samples upon receipt for testing
acceptability and quality control
- Organize patient specimen and assay records for testing
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test results
- Assisting with quantitative and qualitative analyses procedures
through laboratory bench supply set up, as well as centrifuging and
- Organize, prepare, and file relevant documents and laboratory
specimens to storage protocol
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed
- Notify General Supervisor of supply needs
- Follow proper maintenance protocol regarding laboratory
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance
- Record and direct any inquiries to the appropriate team
- BS/BA in Biological Sciences or related field
- Six months to 1 year Experience in a high-complexity diagnostic
lab and dealing with human samples
- Must be able to analyze and interpret sample results and handle
a high volume of sample numbers
- Prior CLIA or research laboratory experience required
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/503341