Director of Student Financial Services
St. Lawrence University invites applications for a Director of Student Financial Services position. The Director of Student Financial Services is the leader of the Student Financial Services (SFS) team and serves as the chief liaison with students and families regarding student receivable accounts. The key functions of the Student Financial Services office include billing and collection of tuition and fees, communication and counseling to students and families regarding account status, the administration and disbursement of all student loans and grants and supporting the University’s CWA and Dining Dollar programs.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Act effectively as the University bursar to ensure St. Lawrence students and families receive accurate and timely financial information, excellent customer service, and support for completing required tasks to meet financial obligations of attendance.
- Either directly or through subordinate managerial staff, manage the day-to-day operations of the Student Financial Services office and provide vision, planning, and direction.
- Work closely with other campus departments and agencies to ensure efficient and effective administration and certification of all loan and aid programs.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, and industry statutes, regulations, and standards for accounting, financial reporting, and other matters related to areas of responsibility.
- Establish, document, and implement short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures related to student billing.
- Coordinate the annual Single Audit of federal awards to ensure all audit requirements are met.
- Communicate with other departments as needed on all issues pertinent to student accounts. Keep Controller informed of issues and concerns pertaining to student accounts or SFS staff.
- Administer the billing and waiver process for the student health and tuition refund insurance plans.
- Take the lead on requests, surveys, and reports related to student billing data.
- Manage the relationship with bank regarding on campus ATM.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- Experience supervising employees in a professional setting
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- Experience in higher education and/or government and non-profit accounting
- Experience at a college or university Student Financial Services or Bursar office
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu, uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Sebastian Notaro, Controller (email@example.com).
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton
- Financial Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton
- Student Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton
- Financial Aid Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Canton