Director of Institutional Assessment, Effectiveness and Accreditation
The Director plays a key role in setting directions for the office of Institutional Assessment, Effectiveness, and Research in support of the University’s mission and strategic initiatives. Reporting to the President or its designee, the Director has responsibility for managing data, providing analysis and interpretation of data, and preparing reports for internal and external use and distribution. Translation of data into usable information for the university community is a key function of this position. The Director provides information and analytic support to the University’s administrative decision-makers to facilitate strategic planning, policymaking, resource allocations, enrollment projections, and other processes requiring sound interpretation of data.
- In conjunction with College Deans, develop and implement a comprehensive system for assessing the effectiveness of University programs and services;
- Routinely monitor WASC accreditation and compliance guidelines and educate college faculty and staff regarding compliance issues;
- Report to the University’s Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) for regional and postsecondary accreditation needs and ensure WASC compliance.
- Ensure that meaningful, appropriate, accurate data and supporting documentation is available to meet the decision-making and accreditation needs of the University;
- Provide support to each College related to professional accreditation requirements and develops and maintains a collection of data and reports to support program accreditation.
- Implement and monitor the systematic review of programs and services in support of the college mission and strategic plan
- Prepares data and processes information necessary for state and federal government-mandated reports; and generates and provides data for accountability reports (i.e., IPEDs, University Annual Report); develops statistical comparisons.
- Develop and coordinate University-wide systems of academic and service area program reviews, and deliver monitoring reports to administrators and Board members;
- Compile, analyze, and disseminate quantitative data on facets of the University and related educational issues, distribution of reports to meet local, state, regional, and national requirements;
- Prepare, maintain, and update strategic planning materials
- Work to develop and maintain information on the website to inform all stakeholders of relevant accreditation, assessment, and strategic planning information.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, social sciences, Business, or related field.
- Doctoral degree with an emphasis in areas of research and evaluation strongly preferred
- Five to ten years of related experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum five years of experience in quantitative and qualitative research, statistical analysis, and reporting;
- Knowledge of current trends and issues relating to federal and state reporting; accreditation requirements; current and innovative practices in the development and assessment of institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes; current theory and practice in institutional research; the development of assessment tools and methods of measurement; research design; data warehousing, management information systems;
- Research and design, including standard statistical procedures relating to sampling, correlation analysis, projections, and qualitative measures applied to educational research;
- Database design, including data warehousing and security;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with University administration; seek consensus on student learning outcomes; apply bench-marking techniques;
- Must possess excellent computer skills and familiarity with Higher Education Enterprise Systems and data analysis software such as CAMS, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Power BI; have expert knowledge of web-based reporting including use of dynamic web applications
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data, and present complex material effectively to individuals and groups with diverse levels of education and knowledge;
- Work as a team member on projects related to institutional research/evaluation;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of business;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong personal initiative, innovation, and self-motivation.
CHSU offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis
- Accreditation Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Clovis