The Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies is a Department of Defense executive education institution that educates, empowers, and connects current and future leaders from the Indo-Pacific region. The Center offers in-resident courses, workshops and dialogues in Honolulu and the Indo-Pacific region, and conducts policy-relevant research to build security capacity and collaboration.
DKI APCSS addresses traditional and non-traditional security issues, including the relationship between governance and the security sector; transnational threats such as organized crime, terrorism, violent extremism, and trafficking; maritime security; crises; analytical security assessments; and whole-of-society collaboration to include the role of women, peace and security. The audience of Fellows are mid- to senior-level civilian and military officials from all over the world. This mission is accomplished through focused executive education, leader development, regional outreach engagement, strategic dialogues, professional exchanges, and policy-relevant research. The Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies is located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The Center invites applications for a:
FULL PROFESSORS (CHINA SPECIALTY)
The College of Security Studies is searching for a world-class security practitioner and educator to teach, facilitate, and conduct China related research.
Responsibilities for full professor faculty members include:
- Teaching plenary and elective topics to include lecturing on selected regional security topics within executive education courses;
- Teach, facilitate, research, team, perform administrative duties to support academic functions
- Lecture on selected regional security topics in executive education courses
- Facilitate and lead seminars, workshops, dialogues, visits, and regional engagements locally and throughout the Indo-Pacific region
- Performing various administrative and institutional duties to support the executive education functions of the Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center.
- Manage and coordinated courses, workshops, and dialogues
Essential selection criteria for CHINA EXPERTISE full professor faculty members
- Expertise on PRC diplomatic, economic and security policies in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Knowledge of higher-order PRC strategies and strategic objectives both global and regional.
- Knowledge of U.S. Foreign Policy with particular reference to U.S. policy in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Experience working with U.S. embassies in region.
Particular knowledge is sought in the following areas: Expertise on PRC diplomatic, economic and security policies in Indo-Pacific region. In addition, knowledge of higher-order PRC strategies and strategic objectives both global and regional will be considered an asset.
The following is “preferred” for ALL Full Professors positions:
- Doctoral or Master’s degree (Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Anthropology, History, or a related discipline with practitioner experience in the Indo Pacific Region
- S. citizen, or foreign national who has resided in the U.S. for three of the last five years; must be eligible for H-1B work visa.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
- Proven ability in teaching and seminar facilitation
- Proven ability to function as a team member
- Living or working experience in the Indo-Pacific region.
- A working knowledge of Mandarin Chinese language.
Desirable selection criteria for associate/full professor faculty members
- Experience at the operational, strategic, or policy level in a multilateral setting
Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications. Salary range is $126,807 - $192,315 inclusive of locality pay (19.56%) and cost of living allowance (COLA), currently 10.28% but subject to change). All faculty at the Daniel K. Inouye, Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies are employed on a limited term, excepted-service positions, for up to three years, with the possibility of renewal. Relocation expenses may be authorized.
Interested candidates must submit the following items by email to email@example.com. Please ensure you type the title of the position you are apply to in the subject line of email:
- LETTER OF INTEREST. Provide a brief description of your professional goals, personal interests and desired areas of study.
- CURRICULUM VITAE. Should reflect the following: educational background, teaching experience, China-related work experience, publications, and salary history.
- TWO ORIGINAL LETTERS OF REFERENCE.
- Application deadline: Open until filled. Cut off: 28 February 2021 from publication of solicitation.
- Applications will be considered against current Faculty requirements.
- Application packages will be retained for one year.
- Application materials become the property of the U.S. Department of the Defense and will not be returned.
- Individuals selected for interviews will be asked to provide bona fide transcripts from the academic institutions granting their advanced degree(s) and two samples of their publications.
- The Department of the Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. U.S. Citizenship is not required however applicants must be eligible for an H1B or other work visa.
- The Department of the Defense provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should contact the Center’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that the Department of the Defense can consider such a request. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Learn more about the Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies by visiting: www.apcss.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Honolulu
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Honolulu
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Honolulu
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Honolulu
- Security Studies Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Honolulu