Department of Business Administration Postdoctoral Research Associate Position
Gies College of Business
Department of Business Administration
Postdoctoral Research Associate Position
Denise Lewin Loyd, an associate professor of business administration and associate dean for equity, seeks to fill a position for a postdoctoral researcher to join the Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The postdoc will collaborate with Dr. Loyd on projects related to diversity, intersectionality, status, and group dynamics, among other topics. This is a one-year position, renewable for a second year, assuming performance at or above expectations.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in organizational behavior or social or organizational psychology, be proficient with experimental and survey methodologies, statistical analysis, and have strong knowledge of survey building and participant recruitment and management tools.
The position will involve substantial input on the development of projects and co-authored work with the PI. It will involve work coordinating existing research projects, including working with doctoral students and research assistants. The successful candidate will also be expected to advance their own research initiatives and teach.
The desired start date of the position is August 16, 2021, and completion of the Ph.D. degree is required before the appointment starts. Applicants from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in Business are strongly encouraged to apply. If hired, the applicant will be a member of the Department of Business Administration at the Gies College of Business and will be encouraged to participate in group seminars, workshops and informal knowledge sharing, and receive access to the broader scholarly resources of the College and University. The Department of Business Administration has an active group of faculty who do experimental research. It is home to a dedicated Behavioral Lab and student and community subject pools.
- D. in organizational behavior, social or organizational psychology, or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Conscientious, self-motivated, and organized
- Ability to work well with others
Required Application Materials:
- A cover-letter
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- A 2-3 page research statement demonstrating research interest relevant to the position
- Examples of two relevant research papers, including publications, working papers, or dissertation chapters
- Brief statement of teaching interests and experience
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Please submit your application materials to email@example.com.
Evaluations of the applicants will begin on March 1, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Champaign
- Business & Management Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Champaign
- Business Administration Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Champaign
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Champaign
- Psychology Post-Doc Not specified Full Time jobs in Champaign