Posting Number: 0000995
PS Position#: 00000690
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: The starting salary range is $19,058 - $20,964 based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A11. Starting salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine and specialized cleaning and dusting of
building facilities including classrooms, restrooms, laboratories,
offices, computer rooms, shops, and locker rooms.
- Sweep, scrub, mop, strip, wax, and polish floors.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Dust and clean walls, blinds, chalkboards, and “dry
- Clean restroom fixtures.
- Replenish restroom supplies.
- Clean doors, windows, and woodwork.
- Empty trash containers and take trash to dumpsters.
- Sweep and clean trash from outside building
- Clean glass on outside of buildings using scaffolds, ladders,
or window cleaning tools.
- Assist in making minor repairs to buildings (e.g., changing
light bulbs). Report building deficiencies to Custodial
- Cooperate with faculty and students in moving furniture and
- Assist in set-ups for events and assemblies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Shift may vary depending on need and may result in permanent shift.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry loads of 25 pounds
or more on a frequent basis and 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, days, weekends, and holidays at supervisor discretion
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must have one (1) year of related work experience
- Knowledge of use and care of janitorial supplies and equipment
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6694
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.