Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine 16164
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Biochemistry. This position is to work on an NIH-NCI funded project directed by the principal investigator (PI) Dr. Yehenew Agazie. Particularly, the Postdoctoral Fellow will work on a project aimed at developing novel anti-cancer small molecules for the treatment of breast cancer.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Synthesize and characterize predesigned small molecules and test their activity under in vitro conditions.
- Record data.
- Prepare manuscripts.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry required.
- A minimum of 0-6 months of experience involving:
- Synthetic chemistry and multi-step reactions.
- HPLC and NMR (1H and 13C).
- Ability to work under an inert atmosphere.
- Ability to perform retro-synthetic analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of Interest
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.