Innovation Co-Lab Technology Educator and Developer
The Office of Information Technology at Duke University is seeking a Co-Lab Technology Educator and Developer. This position will support the university's undergraduate education mission through enhancement of curricular and co-curricular activities. This position will serve as a member of the Innovation Co-Lab team, focused primarily on developing and organizing workshops, short courses, and self-paced learning materials, on various topics, through the Roots program or other co-curricular learning programs. Additionally, this person will work with our other developers on a variety of internal tools and applications and help support a team of student developers. This position requires a passion for technology, teaching, innovation, and working with students with a variety of experiences and backgrounds. Breath of knowledge in the latest information technology is required; depth of knowledge and experience in specific, relevant areas are desirable.
- Work with the Co-Lab Program Manager to organize, build, and standardize curriculum where necessary. Ensure courses are well-documented and connect with existing courses to create opportunities for more threaded learning experiences. Work broadly with stakeholders across campus who will help identify needs and gaps in technology curriculum.
- Propose and carry out projects that serve as demonstrations of technology that can be used to teach or inspire.
- Provide direction and oversight for a small team of student developers to help with Co-Lab projects.
- Develop and nurture the community of hackers, makers, and developers at Duke, through events and programming.
- Assist as needed with co-curricular needs and programming related to and outside of the Innovation Co-Lab.
- Assist with promotion of the Co-Lab, through occasional events, social media, and other marketing.
- Assist as needed on Co-Lab development projects, including working with other FTEs, student employees, and partners.
- 1-3 years experience working programming, web development, computer science, or similar
- Teaching, training, and/or public speaking experience, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Fundamental proficiency with Bash Shell and/or PowerShell
- Experience with best practices for version control through Git.
- Ability to continuously learn and assimilate new technologies
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects
- Self-motivated, can identify gaps in co-curricular offerings and propose/implement solutions
- Ability to work across teams and departments and balance conflicting and complementary needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation and course support materials
- Good communication habits – on top of emails, etc.
- Proficiency with objected oriented programming languages (Ruby, Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with web development frameworks (Rails, Flask, Spring, etc.)
- Proficiency in code tracing, debugging, and problem solving.
- Basic understanding of system administration, comfort with command line tools
- Experience building, maintaining, and using APIs
- Experience building and maintaining large applications with active users
- Experience with Continuous Deployment / Continuous Integration and server management, preferably with Docker or OpenShift environments
- Experience using and implementing OAuth
- Experience with mobile technologies, including iOS (Swift) and Android development
- Experience with hardware prototyping, basic circuitry, microcontrollers (Arduino, Raspberry Pi), Internet of Things
Bachelor’s degree and experience in training,information technology and computer science, or equivalent combination ofeducation and experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Durham