Web Applications Programmer
Job Summary: This position is responsible for creating web-based solutions for complex problems. This position contributes to identifying opportunities to leverage web-based technology to keep pace with industry standards in technology and supporting stakeholder needs. This position routinely collaborates and communicates with internal and external technical resources and HACC employees. Key responsibilities include: analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of web applications leveraging knowledge and proficiency with PL/SQL, Web Servers, security best practices, scalable architecture (n-tiered), and a variety of programming languages such as PL/SQL, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, and CSS. The web applications team supports the development, enhancement, deployment, and operations of the college's web-based enterprise applications.
This position will be remote through at least August2021. The position will report to physical campus location upon determination of physical campus opening. This is subject to change.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience. Experience must be within the field of technology with skills that are clearly transferable to this position.
Licensing Requirements: N/A
Hiring Range: $63,526-$80,996
Proficient in Java and Java based development frameworks.
Proficient in Python.
Proficient in SQL.
Familiar with PHP.
Five or more years developing enterprise software.
Familiarity with popular web servers, such as Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, Nginx.
Job Specific Task List:
- 1. Accomplishes complex programming assignments using object oriented development tools, web servers, and relational databases to be used by multiple simultaneous users; Researches, designs, develops, tests, documents, and implements new software applications, web applications, and mobile applications; Maintains, modifies, and upgrades software applications through the production life cycle; Analyzes system enhancements and change requests to determine the impact on other technical resources; Develops and executes test plans and guidelines for production releases; Ensures applications are secure and user friendly; Develops and troubleshoots MVC architecture for web based programming; Resolves complex integration issues connecting multiple vendor systems through common elements; Applies knowledge of SDLC, cloud technologies, data security, PLSQL, SQL, Java, Python, APEX, Git, Oracle DBMS, Linux/Unix, and emerging technologies; Performs analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency. - (Essential)
- 2. Diagnoses and resolves complex application and database issues in order to correct errors and provide improved performance for functionality; Collaborates with other technical resources to Install, deploy, configure, test, monitor, patch, troubleshoot, and maintain various web enabled infrastructures running on Windows, Linux, and virtual environments; Develops, enhances and sustains procedures, processes and systems, including checklists and forms; Develops programs to accomplish necessary objectives. - (Essential)
- 3. Writes and maintains high quality technical documentation such as technical requirements, process documentation, and graphical models; Develops projects, business plans, and priorities to meet goals and objectives; Analyzes business requirements; defines and documents technical requirements; Documents implemented applications to facilitate effective support to the related systems; Follows departmental standards for sharing and organizing documentation to ensure accessibility to technical staff; Reviews documentation regularly and ensures documentation is accurate and up-to-date; Maintains up to date project and issue status reports; Contributes to departmental financial planning and projections. - (Essential)
- 4. Pursues professional development and networking opportunities as related to the web application programming: Research technology solutions; Leverage resources available through vendors and industry; Maintain working knowledge of industry terminology and IT best practices; Exhibits exemplary communication skills and professionalism; Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; Utilizes appropriate communication methods; communicates via available technology (phone, email, virtual meeting) or in person; Maintains a reliable source of transportation to and from work; can travel between campuses and off-site locations; Must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college's resources remotely; Must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; Reachable by phone twenty-four hours a day seven days a week; Flexibility in work schedule is required. - (Essential)
- 5. Other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jan 28, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg