Financial Coordinator 1 - (STA006882)
Coordinates the financial operations of a unit in a college or division. May oversee the activities of clerical financial support personnel.
- Maintains and reconciles accurate account balances on all accounts in revenues and expenditures for the unit.
- Coordinates the deposit of cash for the unit.
- Creates and provides financial summary reports for the college or division business manager; assists the business manager with budget cycles.
- Oversees and updates an internal accounting system which provides the database for posting and reconciliation capabilities to the Financial Reporting System (FRS).
- Oversees and schedules duties for staff and/or student workers in the preparation of vouchers, requistions, SCRs, and travel documents; oversees the filing of financial documents and data entry of related financial information.
- Trains staff in the preparation of financial documents in compliance with university and college/division policies and procedures.
- May coordinate and maintain the payroll function for the unit; may coordinate property inventory and serve as property custodian for the unit.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
In addition to assisting with financial and budgetary transactions this position will assist with HR transactions in the Business Services department. HR transactions include but are not limited to hiring/termination of employees and job postings.
Note: Applicants must attach 3 professional references with their submission. If not, your application will be disqualified.
Notes to Applicant: 11-9199.02 - Compliance Managers