Assistant Director of Freshman Recruitment (PRN25167B)
Under the leadership of the Associate Director of Recruitment in the Office of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Freshman Recruitment will be an integral part of the team responsible for key aspects of the recruitment area. This position will contribute to the overall recruitment and enrollment efforts for the Office of Admissions by assisting in the development, implementation, and assessment of policies, programs, and financial objectives for the Office of Admissions in general and recruitment area specifically; ensuring continuity and quality of all recruitment efforts for the office aimed at attracting and matriculating new students to the University of Utah; ensuring high level customer service between prospective students, university departments, and other stakeholders. This position is a manager-level role that oversees the supervision of admissions counselors.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25167B - 00295 - Office of Admissions
COMPENSATION: $50,000 to $55,000/year
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday- Friday 8am-5pm. This is an exempt position and hours may periodically go above 40 hours/week and require working early mornings, evenings, as well as travel.
1. Assist with the development, implementation, reporting and
assessment of a domestic first-year freshman recruitment plan.
Collaborate with senior management in order to conduct strategic
recruitment of special populations, including historically
underrepresented minority students in higher education.
2. Serve as the admissions counselor for International students to the University of Utah. There is no International travel with this position.
3. Effectively assess the impact and success of recruitment strategies and tactics through collecting and analyzing various types of data to recommend and implement improvements and changes to existing efforts.
4. Responsible for the training/development, supervision, support, evaluation, and retention of full-time, professional staff members.
5. Assist in the development and management of area expenditures congruent with the Office of Admissions recruitment strategies/goals. Be able to justify expenditures with appropriate documentation, as well as research, identify, and propose cost savings measures.
6. Manage recruitment requests, event registrations and staff coverage. Oversee recruitment event tracking system to assess visits, and generate regular reports to share with admissions staff.
7. Support the recruitment and admission of students from institutions within an assigned territory. Build personalized relationships with prospective students, families, school counselors, alumni, and other constituents in support of the recruitment goals for the territory.
8. Read and evaluate all application files in assigned territory, and oversee and manage the reading volume and deadlines for direct reports.
9. Oversee the travel planning and approval process for direct reports, and having an in depth knowledge of the university’s travel policies, procedures and Concur travel system.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department. Completion of provided supervisory training within one year of employment may be required.
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
“Department Minimum Qualification*
A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required
PREFERENCES: Four or more years of full-time experience in new student recruitment and/or admissions. Demonstrated experience in developing, executing, and assessing recruitment strategies and tactics, as well as meeting enrollment goals. Understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities for recruiting prospective university students and other key influencers in the college decision-making process. Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills. Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and find solutions to issues that may arise. Ability to communicate complex information to individuals and groups from a variety of diverse background. Demonstrated experience with supervising staff and managing budgets. Capable of working independently and as part of a team. Possess a valid driver’s license at time of employment. Master’s degree, with preference given to degrees in higher education, public or business administration.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/111108
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.