Recruitment of Program Support Assistant (PSA)
Recruitment of Program Support Assistant (PSA): The Implementation Group (TIG) and EPSCoR/IDeA Foundation (EIF) are recruiting a Program Support Assistant to join our team. TIG is a full-service research development firm, focused on improving research, education, training, and workforce development at universities and colleges, and related organizations. The EIF is a national, non–profit organization aimed at promoting the importance of a vibrant national STEM enterprise, primarily through improving the academic research infrastructure and competitiveness of states that historically have received smaller amounts of federal research funding. Together, TIG and EIF seek to hire a PSA to provide project implementation and administrative/financial management support. The Program Support Assistant will report directly to the senior leadership of TIG (Senior Vice President) and the EIF (Executive Director), and support five additional senior staff members. This split position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, communicate effectively, and offer solutions to problems with professionalism and confidentiality. Both TIG and EIF are located in Washington, DC; however, the position may be remote for the right person.
Program Support: Under direction, the PSA develops templates, client reports, checklists, and other resources for clients. Assists with grantsmanship review of proposals prior to submission, which may include critiquing, editing, proofing, and compliance checking proposals for clarity and responsiveness. Manages external communication strategy, including (a) sending out weekly grant opportunities notices to clients via listservs, (b) developing new content and updating the TIG and EIF websites, (c) attending and recording meetings, and (d) preparing or editing presentations. Supports project planning and set-up, including creating and monitoring timelines, proofing and formatting supporting materials, arranging, and coordinating virtual and in-person meeting logistics, scheduling and facilitating conference calls, and securing and reimbursing external experts. Provides support with client development. Regularly communicates with and supports the work of senior-level staff.
Administrative/Financial Support: Provides comprehensive support to the TIG Senior Vice President and EIF Executive Director in managing office operations. (Administrative duties may entail accounting/bookkeeping, documenting TIG services for invoices, scheduling meetings/calendaring, handling communications, planning events, and making travel arrangements.) Serves as point of contact for the TIG Senior Vice President and EIF Executive Director. Acts as a liaison and provides support for the EIF Board of Directors. Ensures data and records are created, maintained, and archived to document TIG and EIF project activities and actions. Maintains open communications with TIG and EIF staff.
Minimum Qualifications/Desired Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional-level experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with research development, grantmaking (government and foundation), and higher education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work with diverse groups of people and constituencies, including Board Members, Vice Presidents of Research, faculty, and university staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to edit.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Effective time and deadline management skills, with ability to prioritize responsibilities, attend to details, take initiative, and work independently to carry out difficult assignments.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations that require quick response or turnaround.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to IT support and troubleshooting and cloud-based environments (web-based applications).
- Independent self-starter, familiar with university research and STEM education.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, including ability to collect, compile, analyze quantitative data.
- Interest in quantitative and qualitative evaluation design conceptualization and methods.
- Skills in graphic design and website maintenance.
- Bilingualism (Spanish/English) preferred.