Faculty in Mathematics & Physics
Department: School of Health Sciences
Type: Full-time, Faculty, 9 months, non-tenure
Stephens College invites applications for a full-time 9-month non-tenure-track faculty position in mathematics and physics in the School of Health Sciences. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and teach innovative, engaging, student-centered courses in physics, algebra, and calculus to biology majors and teach courses focused on quantitative methods to a variety of non-science majors. Depending on the qualifications and interests of the candidate the position may be hired at the level of Instructor or Assistant Professor. Faculty at the Assistant Professor level would have the expectations of engaging students in a scholarly agenda.
- Develop and teach undergraduate courses in mathematics and physics to biology, health-science, and integrative human biology majors
- Develop and teach general education and quantitative methods courses to students in a wide variety of liberal and creative arts majors (fashion, education, business, musical theatre, etc.)
- Academic advisement to undergraduate students
- Provide service to the college and profession
Stephens College is committed to the promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Earned Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics or related field
- Experience teaching at the collegiate or university level
- Ability to flex teaching style to a wide variety of learners
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal communication skills
- Earned Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics or related field
- Expertise in developing and delivering innovative courses in mathematics and quantitative reasoning
- Experience in curricular assessment
- Experience advising undergraduate students
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver, and a College-paid retirement plan.
Stephens College is a women’s college proudly located in Columbia, Missouri, home to a flagship public university and two private colleges. Since its founding in 1833, Stephens has been offering innovative, career-focused programs grounded in the liberal arts with a focus on creative arts and health sciences. The faculty take a hands-on, experiential approach to education, making sure students get both quality classroom instruction and external work experiences that complement their coursework. Graduates are prepared to become leaders and innovators in a rapidly changing world. Stephens also provides graduate, online, and certificate programs to women and men as part of its commitment to lifelong learning.
The College community prides itself on fostering a close-knit faculty atmosphere and on providing a welcoming, learning-centered environment for students. The learning community is distinguished by small classes, close engagement with faculty, intellectual rigor, and vibrant programs of study that reflect the College’s mission of Learn. Grow. Lead. Stephens College contributes to the vibrant social and cultural climate that makes Columbia, Missouri such a desirable place to live. Columbia was rated as #33 in the Top 100 Best Places to Live as rated by livability.com, and as the #21 Best Cities to Live in America by niche.com.
To apply: Submit an online Stephens College application with the following:
- A cover letter that describes how the applicant’s qualifications and experience align with the job description;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- List of three references with contact information
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Employment will require a criminal background check.
Stephens College is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer. A diverse community on campus is valued, so women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Physics & Space Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Columbia