A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the Fu laboratory in the Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine. The laboratory is located at the main campus of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, and focused on studying obesity-related non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and NAFLD-induced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The successful candidate will join our exciting research team to study the role of neuroendocrine circadian dysfunction in obesity-related HCC using state-of-the-art technologies including RNA/ChIP-seq, CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing, proteomics, metabolomics, and humanized mouse models. This competitive research project is not only theoretically important but also has significant near-term translational potentials (For references, please see our publications in PMCID:PMC4103166, PMCID: PMC4558341, PMC4096300, and PMCID: PMC5695235)
- Participates in exciting research projects mentioned above.
- Helps the Principal Investigator and team in research and manages the lab.
- Conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates, manages, and analyzes research data.
- MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- A recent Ph.D degree with less than two year experience in post-doctoral training.
- Prior first author publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Highly motivated to pursue an independent career in biomedical research.
- Excellent communication, time management and teamwork skills.
- Basic knowledge in molecular and cellular biology, cancer, metabolism, obesity, liver biology, and mouse genetics.
- Experimental expertise in studying mouse models, serum and liver biomarkers, gene expression, adenoviral techniques, primary hepatocytes, RNA and protein expression, and protein-protein (IP and co-IP) and protein-DNA interactions (CHIP).
Please upload a cover letter stating your research interests, an updated resume, and the contact information for a minimum of three references.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston