Associate Director, Admissions for Diversity Outreach and Community Engagement (PRN25160B)
The Office of Admissions is seeking an Associate Director of Admissions for Diversity Outreach and Community Engagement. This position will focus on the targeted recruitment of students historically underrepresented in the college process.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25160B - 00295 - Office of Admissions
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday- Friday 8am-5pm. This is an exempt position and hours may periodically go above 40 hours/week and require working early mornings, evenings, as well as travel.
- Develop recruitment and communication strategies for underrepresented students that integrate with the overall recruitment and communication plan
- Engage with internal and external diversity-related organizations that support the University’s strategy
- Develop relationships with community based organizations in Utah and across the country as we expand our recruitment efforts
- Create a strategic yield program to increase enrollment of students of color
- Develop a series of trainings that educate the Office of Admission about best practices to consider when executing diversity recruitment
- Strong mentorship and supervision background.
- This position will manage entry-level admissions counselors.
- Use data effectively in order to create a strategic recruitment plan for diversity initiatives
- Extensive presentation experience required
- Manage a relevant recruitment territory, providing impressive customer service to a variety of high-need populations
- Represent the University at national conferences
- Experience utilizing sponsorships in community engagement to increase university presence and awareness
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required. Master’s degree preferred. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
PREFERENCES: Master’s preferred. Fluency in Spanish (preference only, not required).
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/111096
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.