Email Marketing Specialist, Sr. (65442BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
The W. P. Carey School of Business Marketing and Communications
department seeks an Email Marketing Specialist, Sr. who will be
responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email
marketing in support of school, marketing and communications,
program and department objectives.
This position provides technical expertise in creating, scheduling and measuring automated and individual email communications. The email marketing specialist is responsible for troubleshooting problems with Email Service Provider (ESP), coordinating with the CRM team, and coordinating with team members while tracking tight deadlines. This position will be responsible for list management, creating queries and list segmentation. They will design and code html email templates, build automated email programs, perform A/B testing and implement email best practices. In addition, they will be responsible for measurement and reporting across electronic communications channels. This unique individual will possess a strong and thorough understanding of all aspects of html email best practices and front-end Web development.
Email Marketing Strategy
- Research email optimization, trends, and advances (i.e. responsive design, schema markup on emails) and consistently work toward optimizing the school’s email marketing program
- Collaborate with marketing managers and content team to design and implement messages and campaigns that improve user acquisition and retention
- Work closely with CRM team to define data elements, troubleshoot complex list segmentation and queries, and create complex automated programs
- Establish email goals and manage email marketing strategy and innovation around content, frequency and list segmentation for key email marketing activities that support the school’s enrollment and yield objectives for degree programs
Email & Landing Page Communications: A/B Testing, Optimizations
- Design and code mobile-responsive email templates
- Manage automated email campaigns in the email service provider platform, including setup, testing, deployment, recommendations for improvement, and reporting
- Create and execute promotional email campaigns with custom creative and content tailored to each audience
- Evaluate and make recommendations to optimize the landing page experience for improved conversion on lead capture campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to design new emails and improve existing messaging
- Conduct A/B tests on the copy, layout, offers, and targeting of email promotions and landing pages
- Identify measures of success and report on the outcome
- Document best practices for conducting tests and maintain a library of email best practices
- Initiate improvements to email messaging based on industry best practices and successful tests
- Attend and present at team meetings to inform and educate the Marketing Team on email tactics, best practices, and trends
- Participate in university trainings and information sharing to stay up to date with best practices and university guidelines
- Ensure data quality through list monitoring and list upkeep
- Trouble shoot problems with Email Service Provider (ESP)
Reporting and Analytics
- Identify key email delivery and engagement metrics for specific audiences and initiatives
- Organize results and present analysis on email campaign performance, effectiveness, customer engagement and conversion activities
- Report on actual email performance vs. forecast/external benchmarks
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field AND five years’ progressively more complex experience in writing, two of which include supervision OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTML CSS, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in Marketing Cloud or other automated email marketing platforms
- Experience in writing quality code that satisfies HTML email best practices for the current environment, including mobile optimization
- Experience across the end-to-end email marketing process
- Experience using email tools/products to create, deliver and monitor email campaigns
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts, list management, querying and segmentation
- Experience in optimizing performance of email campaigns by split testing subject lines, body copy and images, etc.
- Experience writing and editing content for the Web
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in web analytics tools and assessment of outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge of web standards, W3C specifications and experience with cross-browser/cross-client testing
- Experience in working under specific deadlines and shifting priorities
- Experience in multitasking and completing projects quickly
- Experience with SEO a plus
- Experience with CRM systems a plus
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting/standing, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%) Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (35%) Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions. Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier. This position receives regular managerial review of objectives.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
ASU StatementArizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Asu