English Instructor - Unlimited Full-Time
Itasca Community College is located in Grand Rapids, MN and is part of the Northeast Higher Education District (NHED) which is composed of five separately accredited and autonomous Colleges in NE Minnesota, including Hibbing, Itasca, Mesabi Range, Rainy River and Vermilion.
Itasca Community College is seeking an unlimited, full-time English Instructor who is committed to excellence in teaching and learning; using active and experiential learning strategies; creating a student-centered environment; commitment to teaching students with a wide variety of backgrounds and working collaboratively with colleagues to create a successful student-learning environment.
Start Date: August 16, 2021
Position duties include but are not limited to:
- Instruct students in a variety of English courses, including developmental courses, using student-centered teaching and learning processes.
- Activities related to teaching and learning including, but not limited to: curriculum development, collaborating in learning communities, instructional planning, student evaluation, classroom management, interpersonal relations, promotion of safety and student success.
- Explore and incorporate technology into curriculum delivery, including online and distance-learning instruction.
- Develop multi-cultural, gender- and disability-fair curriculum to serve a diverse learner population.
- Collaborate work in the larger college community and the local community through a variety of activities (e.g., service on committees, college-wide and program-level assessment, student life, etc.)
- Courses may include: Composition 1, Fund of English, Composition 2, Technical Research Writing, and Literature.
- Master's degree with a major in English or Master's degree in any discipline/field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in English.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- All new faculty must complete the teaching and learning requirement during their probation period.
- See requirements here: Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- Teaching experience with a diverse learner population.
- A commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching.
Application Procedure: Applicants MUST apply online using Itasca Community College’s People Admin online application: https://nhed.peopleadmin.com/postings/1510
Please upload the following information with your People Admin application:
- A letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position
- A current resume
- A list of three professional references with contact information
- A statement of applicant’s teaching philosophy, especially as it relates to a community college setting
- Unofficial copies of academic transcripts and licenses (official will be required at time of hire)