Assistant Director of Institutional Research
Position Title: Assistant Director of Institutional Research
(This position is online/remote)
The Office of Institutional Research provides information to support the University of New Haven’s decision-making and planning. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, the Assistant Director of Institutional Research has extensive knowledge of campus data sets and will work with a variety of data types, analyses, and audiences. This individual will apply their analytical capabilities, creative and problem-solving skills in close collaboration with colleagues within the IR office, university, and external audiences.
Responsibilities include data extraction, providing data and analytical support for various university database platforms, maintaining interactive dashboards, and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses. In particular, the Assistant Director continually evolves and maintains fresh, functional, and compelling visualizations that clearly convey the key insights of findings.
- Perform time-sensitive, accurate and meaningful data analyses for University decision makers and external constituents.
- Actively integrate information from campus and office data warehouses into campus/office research projects, utilizing appropriate tools and techniques.
- Extract and manipulate complex data sets, perform statistical analysis of data, and interpret/organize results into meaningful reports that can be acted upon for internal and external constituencies.
- Model data, design and maintain data visualizations that thoughtfully convey key research insights and provide an interactive opportunity for public engagement.
- Work as a team member to improve data definitions, data usage, data integrity and data accuracy. Assist in office documentation standards of all projects, including data files and computer applications developed for institutional data initiatives.
- Perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses as
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Three or more years of experience performing data analyses and reporting
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Prior experience working with data wrangling software (SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively in an academic environment
- Data management experience in higher education
- Experience with designing and publishing dynamic dashboards (PowerBI, Tableau, )
- Experience managing and analyzing large, complex datasets
- Ability to query databases in a data warehouse environment
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references and their contact information to: via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to reference Search # 20-24A in the subject line.
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer