Research Assistant II
The Center for Cell and Gene Therapy to assist with testing and characterization of engineered CAR T-cell products for patients in Phase I clinical trials. Applicants are sought to perform assays for correlative CAR T-cell studies and conduct release testing on GMP-manufactured T-cell lines. Applicants are also expected to assist with lab organization and ordering.
- Optimize and perform under supervision cell-based assays for high-throughput analyses of CAR T-cells (multicolor flow cytometry, IsoPlexis, RNA-seq).
- Perform pilot experiments to test specific hypothesis in preclinical CAR-T cell development.
- Coordinate with CAGT GMP and GLP cores obtaining and processing primary patient samples collected at follow-up for subsequent analysis.
- Participate in validating new SOPs and worksheets for GMP manufacturing.
- Perform release testing of CAR T-cell lines manufactured in GMP such as standard cytotoxicity assays and flow cytometric analysis of patient's starting cell material, in-process CAR T-cells and final CAR T-cell products.
- Assist with preparing and infusing CAR T-cell lines at TCH and HMH (optional).
- Complete required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain stock of reagents and log experimental details and results to electronic notebook.
- Assist with writing reports and manuscripts and present at scientific meetings.
- Maintain a list of common reagents required for correlative and research studies, restock in a timely manner.
- Collect and place orders for a laboratory (twice a week).
- Assist with obtaining quotes for research equipment and supplies.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in cell biology or related field.
- Three years of relevant experience in cell biology.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston