ICAT Multimedia Designer
The ICAT Multimedia Designer works in a team setting with researchers to manage collaborative research projects and provide the necessary support for their success. Using the process of human centered design, this position supports multidisciplinary teams of students, faculty, and partner external organizations to succeed. The duties of this position range from project-based technical consulting and content creation to coordinating human-centered design processes from ideation to implementation. The ICAT Multimedia Designer will act as a liaison for ICAT with the Moss Arts Center as well as stakeholders in the Creativity + Innovation community to advance the ICAT's research, educational initiatives and public engagement activities. Given this wide variety of stakeholders, it is imperative that the multimedia designer is a team player, able to work well with others.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Program and project management
2. Technical support
● Master’s degree in creative technologies, industrial design, computer science, electrical engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of a Bachelor’s degree and experience in the area of Human Centered Design and multimedia production.
● Project planning and management experience, both independently and within a diverse team environment.
● Track record of applying human centered design processes to projects
● Exceptional communication and collaboration skills supporting diverse multidisciplinary teams
● Hands-on experience with a wide array of multimedia technologies such as head mounted displays, 360 video cameras, and human sensing and motion tracking systems
● Record of successfully meeting ambitious deadlines while working with frequent interruptions.
● Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours.
● Experience outside of academia working with industry or private sector
Commensurate with experience
March 16, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: January 26, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Design & Graphic Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Digital Media Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg