STEM Instructor Part-Time
STEM INSTRUCTOR PART TIME
Consider joining Daley College Continuing Education Department as a Part-Time STEM Instructor. Daley College's Continuing Education Department has an exciting opportunity for an engaging, energetic and patient instructor to teach engineering and advanced manufacturing skill-building to children, ages 7-12.
The STEM Instructor will master and implement an appropriate and engaging curriculum and taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of participants, helping to inspire the next generation of engineers, entrepreneurs and innovators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in curriculum and instruction trainings and professional development;
- Teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring that participants are fully engaged;
- Inspire, motivate and foster confidence in all students;
- Provide STEM instruction using the curriculum and materials provided;
- Accurately record attendance or community participation;
- Discuss and demonstrate the relevance of engineering and advanced manufacturing skills in other areas of life, higher education and career options;
- Connect activities to the science, technology, engineering, arts and math fields; and
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules and policies and procedures.
- Associate’s degree or higher in a STEM field and/or advanced manufacturing, or significant professional experience
- One year teaching and/or training experience in appropriate discipline preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of students and staff.